Jump to content
Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

not random, but how he answered some questions lately, pertaining to the draft. importance of multi-skilled players, switching, noticeable annoyance at lack of medical from some players (MPj without saying his name), having to deal with agents for the top guys and how they control where their clients workout. 

just me trying to read between the lines. 

Lack of medicals is an automatic disqualification for consideration in my book. There are plenty of guys that played very well in college that have no injury history and will do medical examinations so why take the chance on a guy that played 2 games and a few minutes, had back surgery, and isn't willing to do an exam? NEXT!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Lack of medicals is an automatic disqualification for consideration in my book. There are plenty of guys that played very well in college that have no injury history and will do medical examinations so why take the chance on a guy that played 2 games and a few minutes, had back surgery, and isn't willing to do an exam? NEXT!!!

Quote

Missouri assistant coach Michael Porter Sr. revealed in an interview with St. Louis’ KMOX-AM that Bulls doctors performed a physical last week on his son, surefire lottery pick Michael Porter Jr. Porter Sr. said the Bulls would share the medical information with all interested teams.

Nevertheless, the comment led to some conspiracy thinking that the Bulls will own inside information on Porter Jr., who underwent a microdiscectomy on his back in November. The reality is Porter Jr. has made his home base in Chicago during his draft preparation because his agency, Priority Sports, is located here. The agency has longstanding familiarity with and trust in the Bulls organization, which indeed will share Porter Jr.’s medical information with all interested teams, a source confirmed

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-draft-workout-robert-williams-20180607-story.html

Looks like he might be trying to influence which team picks him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King Close    13
19 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I posted this on Twitter but I'll say it here too. If the magic end up drafting Trae I'll be encouraged because it means Trae made a significant impression. He'd have to make a significant impression for a Management group to completely abandon their rebuilding plan in year two and totally switch gears. Because it's absolutely moronic for a team to base every long term roster decision on multi positional defending and switchability and then completely trash that plan by spending a significant asset on the exact opposite of that unless you're so confident he's going to be an all NBA type player that it's necessary. 

I don't think Weltman and Hammond are incompetent idiots so I'd have to acknowledge that I missed something with trae

Ima piggy back off of that lol, completely agree. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Odin    69
15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Also the bulls medical staff is **** so I'm not taking their word for anything. 

 

16 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Yeah, not sure why other teams would trust the Bull's medical report. Not saying that the Bull's medical staff would purposely lie, but there is a reason teams like to have their own medical staff examine potential players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,582
3 minutes ago, Odin said:

 

Yeah, not sure why other teams would trust the Bull's medical report. Not saying that the Bull's medical staff would purposely lie, but there is a reason teams like to have their own medical staff examine potential players.

Well with injuries of Porter's nature imaging can only provide so much information. You need a physical examination to review for deficiencies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I posted this on Twitter but I'll say it here too. If the magic end up drafting Trae I'll be encouraged because it means Trae made a significant impression. He'd have to make a significant impression for a Management group to completely abandon their rebuilding plan in year two and totally switch gears. Because it's absolutely moronic for a team to base every long term roster decision on multi positional defending and switchability and then completely trash that plan by spending a significant asset on the exact opposite of that unless you're so confident he's going to be an all NBA type player that it's necessary. 

I don't think Weltman and Hammond are incompetent idiots so I'd have to acknowledge that I missed something with trae

Well said.   Give yourself a '+" for that post.  I would back them even if they draft MPJ because we are all concerned about his injury status.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J-Mac    16

I remember 2014 when Joel was going into the draft. "Big man with foot injury no thanks." "He has history of back problems, he's not worth the risk." Man if bucks and Timberwolves could redo that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

What makes you think a team with Fournier, Vuch, and Gordon would allow just about any rookie to hoist way more shots than Murray? That's not how NBA teams work. 

Rookie Jamal Murray had a USG% about equivalent to Elfrid Payton last season...Trae Young is a high USG% ball-dominant guard playing on a team that might have DJ Augustin as the only other 1--he's going to take a lot of shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,582
35 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I remember 2014 when Joel was going into the draft. "Big man with foot injury no thanks." "He has history of back problems, he's not worth the risk." Man if bucks and Timberwolves could redo that.

He's played in 28% of his career games. The book isn't written on him yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Rookie Jamal Murray had a USG% about equivalent to Elfrid Payton last season...Trae Young is a high USG% ball-dominant guard playing on a team that might have DJ Augustin as the only other 1--he's going to take a lot of shots.

If you think Clifford is gonna let Trae come in here and hoist shots because he's  a high usage player you're crazy. Trae will be treated like the rookie he is.

 

Gordon Vuch and Fournier have fought over accountability and shot selection imagine some turnover prone rookie coming in taking all there shots. It ain't happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

If you think Clifford is gonna let Trae come in here and hoist shots because he's  a high usage player you're crazy. Trae will be treated like the rookie he is.

Then I hope we don't take him. I hope whatever team he gets drafted by will give him the green light so all the teams that would have played him like a bench scrub can watch him put up 20 plus and 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×