Jump to content
Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

Mack1085    29

Hammond is just being smart. He’s not going to telegraph our pick or preference. Even if he doesn’t love Young he would note the point guard hole so that a team after us who does love him will feel the pressure to move up. It’s all gamesmanship. 

 

Was interesting to note the way he referred to Jabari’s potential after the knee injury though. Didn’t do Jabari or his agent any favors in RFA with that comment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magicdoc1    151
3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

He kind of reminds me of a less crazy Lance Stephenson. 

I was thinking more of a Matt Barnes but I definetely see some of Stephenson as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicfan1987    182
1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

to me, sounded like he said we lack depth at PG and if you draft for need, you look at that in the draft. However, at 6, you go BPA. Sometimes, there's a chance where BPA also fills a need.

 

there's never been a better link 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magicdoc1    151
1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

to me, sounded like he said we lack depth at PG and if you draft for need, you look at that in the draft. However, at 6, you go BPA. Sometimes, there's a chance where BPA also fills a need.

 

 

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

It was interesting, because he said at #6 you have to go for the BPA, but sometimes that can also be a position of need; so that does seem to lean towards Young; but with this front office, I don't have a good read on them, so it may just be a smokescreen. 

 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

You guys read into comments too much. He's not referring to any specific player. He's also not not referring to any specific player either. 

You guys can take it as you like but the truth is that we lack depth at every position. PG,SG,SF and Center. Hence, the BPA. The big question is who is the one determining who the best player availble at 6 is?For some is Young while for others is Bamba/Carter or Porter Jr. 

THe most interesting point on the interview is that he mentioned than when you draft in the BACK HALF OF THE FIRST ROUND or second round you look for need. We are getting our PG in the back half of the  first round!!!!

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nyce_1    239
3 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

It was interesting, because he said at #6 you have to go for the BPA, but sometimes that can also be a position of need; so that does seem to lean towards Young; but with this front office, I don't have a good read on them, so it may just be a smokescreen. 

We all like young, but FO could very well value a different PG higher. We'll find out in 2 weeks. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeHateMe    481
12 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

We all like young, but FO could very well value a different PG higher. We'll find out in 2 weeks. 

We don’t all like him though. This does happen to be what seems a deep draft at PG so it entirely would make sense to draft BPA at 6 (newsflash, that isn’t Young) than trade back into the late first for a PG. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LaVar    52
14 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah this is weird. I really can't explain this because he's better than this. Maybe it's fatigue? I dont know. He looks like he's settling or something.

He is a freshman.... young players will have ups and downs. .. especially at pg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nyce_1    239
1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

We don’t all like him though. This does happen to be what seems a deep draft at PG so it entirely would make sense to draft BPA at 6 (newsflash, that isn’t Young) than trade back into the late first for a PG. 

Newflash, was I addressing you with my comment? Many like him, many dont. I really don't  care. Depending on who else is on the board, I think he is BPA. Stop trying to project your views as gospel. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeHateMe    481
1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

Newflash, was I addressing you with my comment? Many like him, many dont. I really don't  care. Depending on who else is on the board, I think he is BPA. Stop trying to project your views as gospel. 

Generally when someone makes a statement like “we all like....” based off the English language “we” would imply all of us. 

I was simply pointing out how that assumption was false. 

I didn’t even project a view. I just said your statement was false, which it was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soul Bro    543

Just reading how Sac and Mem might like Porter. This draft is going to be fun. Someone could end up pushed down to us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×