Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

5 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

[Kyler] Orlando Magic have workouts with Kevin Knox, Trae Young and Anfernee Simons set for this week.

If we are working out Knox and Simons then trading 6 for 12 & 13 or 9 & 36 must be in consideration. I'm glad management is investigating ALL possibilities.
The Knicks really want Trae Young and the Clippers really want Michael Porter. There is no telling what other offers we are getting. I hope we are at least investigating moving up to pick Doncic too.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

[Kyler] Orlando Magic have workouts with Kevin Knox, Trae Young and Anfernee Simons set for this week.

We're being really smart with our workouts. Bringing in guys you really need a second look at. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

So there's a good article on cleaning the glass that breaks down Trae's shooting. 

Basically the interesting part is he shot 27 for 102 on 30 foot threes (26%) which is a stupid amount of unnecessary misses that killed his shooting percentages. 

So, basically I think people who give Trae unlimited range credit are being hit with confirmation bias (remembering the few makes) because 26% isnt high enough to get credit for that range. 

But he's probably closer to a 38% shooter if he didn't take bad shots. 

But is 38% what makes Trae special to his supporters? Or is it the fake threat of 35 foot threes? 

As a supporter, it's not even his shooting I'm drawn to. His penetrarion, handle, IQ, and passing is what I love. His 3s is icing. If he couldn't shoot, mid-1st, maybe late 1st. With shooting, I'd gamble #6 on him. 

Do you know where I can find 3p% on shots > 30 ft from players in the league?

25 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Afernee simons is another sleeper.

34 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

As a supporter, it's not even his shooting I'm drawn to. His penetrarion, handle, IQ, and passing is what I love. His 3s is icing. If he couldn't shoot, mid-1st, maybe late 1st. With shooting, I'd gamble #6 on him. 

Do you know where I can find 3p% on shots > 30 ft from players in the league?

If his IQ was as great as we talk about on here he wouldnt have bricked so many long 3s and turned it over that much

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Don't really have the ft numbers. I feel like a lot of his fts came from drawing perimeter fouls from guys trying to be physical with him. Not a crazy amount but probably proportionally with his shot distribution (32.7% at rim)

From the games I saw most of his FTs came from penetrating and weaving his way in and out of the trees. He is not very athletic but he has crazy body control and changes direction a lot. He got fouled a lot to save layups but that was only in the few games I saw.

56 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We're being really smart with our workouts. Bringing in guys you really need a second look at. 

What an intiguing draft.  CBS mock draft today has Trae going to the Grizzlies at 4, us taking MPJ at 6 and us taking Simons at 41.  It appears everyone is clueless.  Can't wait for it to get here.

18 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

What an intiguing draft.  CBS mock draft today has Trae going to the Grizzlies at 4, us taking MPJ at 6 and us taking Simons at 41.  It appears everyone is clueless.  Can't wait for it to get here.

I have zero faith in anything mainstream media does or says, how about you? If the Griz take Young then Bamba or Bagley will probably fall to us. I wonder how anybody can predict where Porter will fall without doing a medical on him 1st?

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I have zero faith in anything mainstream media does or says, how about you? If the Griz take Young then Bamba or Bagley will probably fall to us. I wonder how anybody can predict where Porter will fall without doing a medical on him 1st?

I do not much credence in it either but I think it does prove how unpredictable this draft can be and at this point in time really is.  The uncertainty is what will make it so intriguing on draft night because it do not see the uncertainly going away abytime soon.  Potential  Medical issues on MPJ is the only reason why some mocks have him falling into the teens.  I do not think that will happen unless medicals prove there really is an issue and his camp will guard that does not happen so someone will take a risk. 

1 hour ago, Tank Vogel said:

If his IQ was as great as we talk about on here he wouldnt have bricked so many long 3s and turned it over that much

TO's aren't always on the assistor. Sometimes they're on the assisted.

• Upvote 1