Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

13 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm super confident that Melton becomes a useful point guard. I just don't know what that really means. 

Like I think there's a good chance he's the best possible version of a point guard for a modern switching defense (in a traditional point guard body). I just don't know what his offense is. He can run an offense. He's unselfish. But like what if he's just rondo? It's that good enough?

Is Dejounte Murray a fair comp for him?

13 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

It's not just this draft it's the next two or three. This kid is tailor made for today's modern game. You have to snag him. 

Trae is fool's gold.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I’m not sure what you are watching. I’ll take that bet. He’ll be out of the league in 3-5 years? Bull. You hated ep cuz he couldn’t shoot. You hate Trae who has the best handles and offense in college. What guard do you like?  Anybody else is a project. Period. Oh I know Grayson he can jump woohoo. I’ll also bet that Trae will be in the league long after Grayson is a memory. 

Yea I wouldn’t bet that he’s out of the league in 3-5 years. That’s probably me going too far on my hate for Trae. 

But since I hated Payton cause he couldn’t shoot I’m supposed to love Trae because he can (inefficiently)? 

I may take the bet that Allen is in the league longer than Trae. Not cause he’ll be a better player but guys that can shoot often have long careers coming off the bench. Every team like shooting depth. 

3 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I meant guards but that is debatable. And he has better moves and handles than Sexton. And better passing and vision. I like Sexton as a consolation prize if we don’t get trae. He is an alpha just like trae. And mills, really? All I can say No, Hell NO !!!

He does not have better moves and handles than Sexton. No way. Mills isn’t a terrible comp. I don’t think people realize that not many players get the free reign to just shoot the ball however many times a game they feel like it whether it’s a bad shot or not. That’s what Young was allowed to do. He’s never gonna be an efficient player with that shot selection. He’s never gonna be a good defender. He’s gonna struggle against bigger more physical guard play as he did in college. 

I think it’s fine if you love young. I would never call someone dumb for liking any player I just don’t see how anyone can be so confident in saying he’s such a cant miss sure thing  prospect when to me he has the most bust potential of anyone in the top 10. 

1 hour ago, Catalina Maria said:

Trae is fool's gold.

Young is my pick and I think him or lucka would have the biggest impact for us in the draft. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

He does not have better moves and handles than Sexton. No way. Mills isn’t a terrible comp. I don’t think people realize that not many players get the free reign to just shoot the ball however many times a game they feel like it whether it’s a bad shot or not. That’s what Young was allowed to do. He’s never gonna be an efficient player with that shot selection. He’s never gonna be a good defender. He’s gonna struggle against bigger more physical guard play as he did in college. 

I think it’s fine if you love young. I would never call someone dumb for liking any player I just don’t see how anyone can be so confident in saying he’s such a cant miss sure thing  prospect when to me he has the most bust potential of anyone in the top 10. 

Of the few times late in the year when trae wasn’t double and tripled teamed. He got his shot off against the best defenders. He was allowed to shoot at will because what other choice did his coach have. His game is so smooth and his crossovers and step back shots are ungaurdable  one on one. I think he has the least chance of being a bust. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Of the few times late in the year when trae wasn’t double and tripled teamed. He got his shot off against the best defenders. He was allowed to shoot at will because what other choice did his coach have. His game is so smooth and his crossovers and step back shots are ungaurdable  one on one. I think he has the least chance of being a bust. 

If all this is true then Young would be a top 3 lock. It’s not though. He has a ton of red flags and that’s why he won’t be drafted top 5. Bust potential through the roof. Give me Sexton who will be a better PG regardless. Or give me Carter who is the safest player in the draft. 

43 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

If all this is true then Young would be a top 3 lock. It’s not though. He has a ton of red flags and that’s why he won’t be drafted top 5. Bust potential through the roof. Give me Sexton who will be a better PG regardless. Or give me Carter who is the safest player in the draft. 

As this team dwells at the bottom of the league ad nauseum, that’s what we need a “safe” or mediocre pick. Rolls Eyes. 

As for me I’m gonna roll the dice for a big win cause that’s what this team needs. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Trae is a better PG than any of the PGs in last year's draft (Mitchell is combo guard). If he was in the same draft, he would've gone #1. Him not being top 5 this year has less to do about his potential & skill, and more to do about the teams picking at the top. #2, 3, & 5 already have PGs. #1 has Booker and because of his porous defense, they know Young/Booker backcourt would score 80pts and give up 85. #3, is actually considering taking him to replace their PG, 1 year into 4yr deal. So, though not a lock, he can still go top 3. 

• Upvote 1

There is a real easy solution. If all the good bigs are gone then we take Young and draft Carter or Brunson in the 2nd just in case Young is a bust. Bottom line is we need to come out of this draft with a PG and a center somehow, someway.