Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'm glad we are at least going to work him out. 

my last glimmer of hope. 

If we value point guards we gotta draft this one.  There won't be another point like Trae in the next 5 years that's for certain 

The cold hard truth is, we have no free agent PG prospects looking to land here, so this is the one chance that we have to get a solid PG of the future! Take Young and gamble in the 2nd round. IMHO.

5 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

The cold hard truth is, we have no free agent PG prospects looking to land here, so this is the one chance that we have to get a solid PG of the future! Take Young and gamble in the 2nd round. IMHO.

there's no other option if you ask me, draft the kid and start this tidal wave of success. Let's get a decent guard for a change. 

7 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

I am really starting to think as long as his workout goes well that we need to take the chance with him, grab another PG in the 2nd round (Carter/Brunson/Okobo) in case he is a bust, and hope he is 50% as good as Curry right out the gate. Anybody we can get at 6 is flawed and a risk so why not at least go for the guy that led college basketball in points, assists, 3 pointers, and turnovers?

• Like 1

Just now, Magicfan1987 said:

there's no other option if you ask me, draft the kid and start this tidal wave of success. Let's get a decent guard for a change. 

Absoul

Just now, Magicfan1987 said:

No question! We have enough trees to start a forest, what are the future prospects for this position? I agree, no choice!

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I am really starting to think as long as his workout goes well that we need to take the chance with him, grab another PG in the 2nd round, and hope is is 50% as good as Curry right out the gate. Anybody we can get at 6 is flawed and a risk so why not at least go for the guy that led college basketball in points, assists, 3 pointers, and turnovers?

And good Sir, may I add, that the only way they could stop this kid was with constant double and triple teams! He will face better defenders in the NBA, but his offensive ceiling is through the roof!

Lets face it, all of these kids coming out as one and done will all have warts and will take a couple of seasons to develop.

22 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

This is bad logic. It doesn't matter who the best point guard is in this draft if they aren't going to be a top 15 point guard in the NBA. 

Trae had a great stretch of basketball against a bunch of defenses that were outside of the top 100 last year. Against the best defenders he was bad.

His shooting was unremarkable. His defense was bad. It's a really really really bad gamble and raw numbers are blinding people to what he is. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This is bad logic. It doesn't matter who the best point guard is in this draft if they aren't going to be a top 15 point guard in the NBA. 

Trae had a great stretch of basketball against a bunch of defenses that were outside of the top 100 last year. Against the best defenders he was bad.

His shooting was unremarkable. His defense was bad. It's a really really really bad gamble and raw numbers are blinding people to what he is. 

Is the logic flawed, possibly, however we still do not have answer to the slow death that we have suffered at this position. I understand his defense needs work, but the opposing teams had one mission..... mostly, keep the ball out of this kids hands.

I won't argue about the warts he has, but I think in the right system, he just may be what we need going forward.