Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

The Clips really want to trade up to take Porter.

The Knicks really want Trae Young.

Could management start a bidding war between them?

Clips have #12, 13

Knicks have #9, 36

and just a throw in the Sixers have #10, 26, 38, 39, 56, 60 

Here’s a thought. If Bamba is available, take him and perhaps now that Clifford is aboard we may have a shot at Kemba Walker. He’s unrestricted in 2019. Some of these positions like Bamba will shift a bit in depth ranking, but you get the general idea. This front line is imposing. Defense looks strong and hopeful to make offensive gains. That’s 13, then maybe add 2 - 3 and D players. Thoughts?

Walker/DJ/rookie with length and defense

Ross/Simmons -I hear Ross is looking good, working hard because of contract year/Iwandu

Issac/EF if not traded/Iwandu

Gordon/Issac/rookie

Burch/Bamba - unless Biz shows more - I expect we shop Vuch hard

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Wendell Carter is a nice prospect but as I said before, passing on Trae Young for any of these dudes would be hilarious

if say horrifying. id highly doubt our front office desire to become contenders 

6 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

The Clips really want to trade up to take Porter.

The Knicks really want Trae Young.

Could management start a bidding war between them?

Clips have #12, 13

Knicks have #9, 36

and just a throw in the Sixers have #10, 26, 38, 39, 56, 60 

I want both 

Jevon Carter is a nice option in round 2 as a safe ish pick. He's a feisty defender and a solid shooter and scorer. Can see him sticking around as a backup PG for some time.

If top 5 goes Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, JJJ, Bamba, than I will gladly trade #6 to Clippers for #12 and #13.

Think there's just as good chance one of those picks will be as good (if not better) than whoever we draft at #6.

I'm NOT a Trae Young fan.

3 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I know he just doesn't project to be elite at any one thing which is typically the fun of the draft. I think we need to take a chance on the guys that can be stars which is typically the elite skilled guys

I think he is capable of being an elite scorer. Hes good with his back to the basket and he can shoot, and also he wasn't even the first option and he put up good numbers

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, King Close said:

Management hasn’t shown me any reason not to believe in them so I will. Whoever we pick I’ll be on board with. 

Well there was the whole “flattened out” comment during the draft last year. That after we had Kuzma in for 2 private workouts but didn’t pull the trigger. 

10 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Well there was the whole “flattened out” comment during the draft last year. That after we had Kuzma in for 2 private workouts but didn’t pull the trigger. 

cause drafting our future third string power forward wasn't in the cards for us