Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

21 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I thought I was the only person that was ok with that

I think we’re mostly the only ones. 

7 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I know he just doesn't project to be elite at any one thing which is typically the fun of the draft. I think we need to take a chance on the guys that can be stars which is typically the elite skilled guys

Neither did Myles Turner or Al Horford. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Neither did Myles Turner or Al Horford. 

Yes, I agree and those guys are awesome to have as 2nd or 3s bananas. We need a 1st bananananananananana.

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Yes, I agree and those guys are awesome to have as 2nd or 3s bananas. We need a 1st bananananananananana.

Agree 100% on that. We need a go to scorer and if it happens to be somebody that can run an offense efficiently all the better.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

I'd be "okay" with Carter Jr. because it would be a clear Vuc succession plan, but I wouldn't love it.

THIS.

It's nice to get your El Camino replaced but sometimes it's just better to buy the Corvette and bail on Caminos all together.

The more I think about what Curry does to other teams to change games, the fact that Mack is expiring leaving us with 1 PG on the roster, and the what if Trae Young IS the next Curry, I'm almost thinking we need to take the chance on him and then draft a 2nd PG in the 2nd round as a just in case. Worst case scenario he will be a high scoring bench PG, right?

37 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I always expect the worst from our team and management, so I'd be ready

Sad but true. 

Anybody here who says “can’t wait till the season starts, we got Wendell Carter!!!” is either a fool or fooling themselves. 

Management hasn’t shown me any reason not to believe in them so I will. Whoever we pick I’ll be on board with. 

• Upvote 1