Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

My draft list for this year includes:

Sexton, SGA, Bridges (for 1st round consideration) and Simons, Brown, Devonte Graham, Diallo, Allen, or Metu (2nd round)

I would love for us to sprinkle a little magic on our phone calls to other GMs and convince either Denver or LA to deal their lottery pick to us. 

I think we target a PG/SG/SF with our 3 or 4 picks this year. We need to let Isaac and AG have room to grow together. 

I would love to get Harris back from LA but I don't think they'll want to release him for anything we could offer. 

Find a way to trade Fournier + Vuc and turn them into promising young talent and draft picks. Then we let the Biz deal fizzle down to nothing, unless he has some sort of resurgence (which I don't see happening)

9 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Can you trade this year's and next year's pick during the draft? I forget. 

I was always under the impression that you had to wait until your pick this year had been used (i.e. become a player) and then it was fair game.

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Okobo is now #21 in Givony’s rankings 

So much for that idea. Wouldn't be shocked if he keeps climbing

29 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Okobo is now #21 in Givony’s rankings 

No at happy camper here!! 

But not surprised either. He is and has been my second preferred PG in this year draft after Trae. I want him here.

I think my new hope for a second round point guard flyer that could develop into a starter is Duval. Super flawed. And you're basically betting on pedigree that might have been hampered by weird roster fit. But you could do worse at 41. I have no confidence he makes the roster though. 

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think my new hope for a second round point guard flyer that could develop into a starter is Duval. Super flawed. And you're basically betting on pedigree that might have been hampered by weird roster fit. But you could do worse at 41. I have no confidence he makes the roster though. 

Not giving up on Okobo. I think we can easely trade up for a late first round if we really want him here. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Thoughts on Brunson and Carter? 

17 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Thoughts on Brunson and Carter? 

Aren't those guys the types of players that only become solid backups at best?