Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

9 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Do you guys think the Clifford hire ups the chances we draft Young?

I really hope so but the Clifford hiring makes me skeptical that Magic will pass on Trae....

1 hour ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I really hope so but the Clifford hiring makes me skeptical that Magic will pass on Trae....

I don't think it has much of an impact at all. 

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't think it has much of an impact at all. 

Yea I’d say none at all. Clifford wasn’t hired to make GM decisions. 

2 hours ago, Tank Vogel said:

We arent getting top 5 odds unless we let Gordon walk and sell vets, or somehow have even worse injuries than last year.

We are not getting top 5 next year because the of lottery changes next year (due to our bad luck in the lottery) allowing multiple teams to pass us by (instead of just  the Sacramento Celtics) no matter where we finish.  We could have a worse record, and thanks to the weasel Silver, get a worse pick next year vs. this year.  Following article shows odds in the old system vs. odds in the new system.  Good thing SCOTUS made gambling on  professional sports legal since the safest bet for us is that we will go down not up in the lottery.  

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-nba-approves-draft-lottery-reform-to-prevent-tanking-and-player-resting-rules/

5 hours ago, MagicFan1234 said:

That does not really look good except for Lillard

5 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

For perspective, here are the last 10 draft picks at #6

2008 Danilo Gallinari

2009 Johnny Flynn

2010 Epke Udoh

2011 Jan Vesely

2012 Damian Lillard

2013 Nerlens Noel

2014 Marcus Smart

2015 Willie Cauley-Stein

2016 Buddy Hield

2017 Jonathan Isaac

FO job this draft is not easy with above track record.  All these were safe picks.  All Star players beyond top 3 or 4 tend to be non safe picks (take a chance) or someone who falls due to "concerns".  Trae, MPJ, and Bamba seem to fit that criteria the most this year.  I vacillate as to which one would help us the most but am OK with any of them

7 hours ago, Tank Vogel said:

We arent getting top 5 odds unless we let Gordon walk and sell vets, or somehow have even worse injuries than last year.

You overrate AG.  We absolutely could be bottom 5 bad with him again.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Does anyone know about the relationship between Steve Clifford and Kemba Walker since KW is a free agent (unrestricted I think) after next year.  Hope they are close.

Kemba wants to contend

8 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

You overrate AG.  We absolutely could be bottom 5 bad with him again.  

We didn't get a top 5 pick this year with an outlier level injury situation. Another small step forward in talent and health is very likely. I'd bet against landing in the top 5 next year. 

The three guys I think we’ll choose from at 6 as of today: Young, Sexton and Carter. Givony’s latest mock has us taking Young.

• Upvote 1