Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

I'm open to Young and can also see the downside to Young. But a lot of people who are totally pro Trae here don't really seem to have much of a counter for a lot of the genuine criticisms thrown his way. 

22 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Did any of them lead the entire NCAA in points scored and assists? Asking for a friend.

lol

20 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

What’s hard about reading the posts from the Young fans is the lack of acknowledgement of real concerns over his size, athleticism, efficiency and defense. 

I want a pg as much as anyone, and I was calling for EP’s head to roll for years. However, I watched Young... almost every game in 2018. I saw him shut down by one-on-one physical defenders consistently, saw him be a chucker from basically mid January on, and watched him play virtually no defense. 

I really think there are two things happening here:

1. Bias thru comparison 

2. Bias thru need

In my book, Young has a very serious uphill battle to being a starting pg in the NBA. 

I guess you didn’t see him score 28 on Jevon carter. Arguably the best defender in college. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm open to Young and can also see the downside to Young. But a lot of people who are totally pro Trae here don't really seem to have much of a counter for a lot of the genuine criticisms thrown his way. 

Did you watch the video of Jay  Williams talking about Trae? This is my opinion on his athletic concerns. He can’t run a 40 fast or can’t do the shuttle run. Who cares. Put a ball in their hands and let’s see who is quicker. I bet Shumpert put up great athletic numbers. 

7 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Did you watch the video of Jay  Williams talking about Trae? This is my opinion on his athletic concerns. He can’t run a 40 fast or can’t do the shuttle run. Who cares. Put a ball in their hands and let’s see who is quicker. I bet Shumpert put up great athletic numbers. 

So your opinion is just Jay Williams opinion? Sounds smart. We're not comparing him to Shumpert. We're comparing him to Kemba Walker, Chris Paul, Steph Curry etc.

18 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I guess you didn’t see him score 28 on Jevon carter. Arguably the best defender in college. 

Lol. Are you serious? This comment proves my point. You are choosing to look at a specific point rather than the whole horizon. 

Edit: Do you and the other Young fans recognize that Young shot in the 20% to 30% range for 12 out of his last 20 games? I mean that’s really concerning, right?

46 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Did any of them lead the entire NCAA in points scored and assists? Asking for a friend.

You can tell your friend Young is the only player in the history of basketball to lead D1 in both points and assists.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I know all the criticisms and agree with most of them but I still believe in his skill set and upside :)

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

Troy Hudson, Sebastian Telfair, TJ Ford, Aaron Brooks

great list, now out Trae Young in any of those fellas bodies and you have a all star. Young is already a stud proven fact take it to the bank and get you some mad money!!!

28 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Are you referencing the game where he shot 8 for 22 with 8 turnovers as a positive?

10 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

You can tell your friend Young is the only player in the history of basketball to lead D1 in both points and assists.

How do players who lead the NCAA in scoring or assists fare in the NBA?

18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

How do players who lead the NCAA in scoring or assists fare in the NBA?

The freshman that do? not sure ask KD!

• Like 2