Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

18 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

I'd do everything possible to make this happen for us. Give up 2-3 future picks, sell ownership percentage, whatever.

Yeah, I'd like to see us take a big swing in this draft. Grab another top 8 pick and go with Young and one of the bigs

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Yeah, I'd like to see us take a big swing in this draft. Grab another top 8 pick and go with Young and one of the bigs

If we take Young then we should grab another PG like Okobo, Carter, or Shamet in the 2nd round. With Mack expiring we need 2 PGs anyway so if Young happens to be a bust at least we are possibly covered. If we pass on Young and go big we should trade for whatever pick we need to grab SGA, then grab another of the mentioned PGs in the 2nd round plus a shooter.

1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

I'd do everything possible to make this happen for us. Give up 2-3 future picks, sell ownership percentage, whatever.

If realistically give up Evan Fournier, Simmons, and next year's top 3 protected first to get Phillys #10 this year if for some reason Mikal is still on the board. I think that's a he'll of a good trade for them. 

They need to stop the LeBron pip dream, there's only one ball and Simmons can't hit a jump shot. They could definitely use Evan and Simmons

16 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

If we take Young then we should grab another PG like Okobo, Carter, or Shamet in the 2nd round. With Mack expiring we need 2 PGs anyway so if Young happens to be a bust at least we are possibly covered. If we pass on Young and go big we should trade for whatever pick we need to grab SGA, then grab another of the mentioned PGs in the 2nd round plus a shooter.

I think Mack is a team option this year. 

If we pass on young I hope it's for a wing, preferably Mikal Bridges. That dude is special. 

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

Trae young is Closer to Jimmer Fredette athletically than Conley or Walker.

can we compare young to another negative player other than Hummer Fredette?

37 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I think Mack is a team option this year. 

If we pass on young I hope it's for a wing, preferably Mikal Bridges. That dude is special. 

Mack is under contract but he's only got 1 mil guaranteed so he's a decent trade asset and if not he'll probably get cut.

What’s hard about reading the posts from the Young fans is the lack of acknowledgement of real concerns over his size, athleticism, efficiency and defense. 

I want a pg as much as anyone, and I was calling for EP’s head to roll for years. However, I watched Young... almost every game in 2018. I saw him shut down by one-on-one physical defenders consistently, saw him be a chucker from basically mid January on, and watched him play virtually no defense. 

I really think there are two things happening here:

1. Bias thru comparison 

2. Bias thru need

In my book, Young has a very serious uphill battle to being a starting pg in the NBA.