Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

The thing about Trae is WeltHam have such a reputation for going length and versatility that if we did pick Young you'd have to be instantly hyped that they believed he was good enough to go against their usually philosophy.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Obviously this is my opinion, but passing on Trae Young would be one of the biggest tragedies in Orlando Magic franchise history.

Hah we are polar opposites on this one. I think it would be a tragedy if we do pick him with 6. Enjoying the differing opinions though, everyone is entitled to their own ofc and I will happily hope he proves me wrong if he ends up our pick.

1 minute ago, crisby pancakes said:

Hah we are polar opposites on this one. I think it would be a tragedy if we do pick him with 6. Enjoying the differing opinions though, everyone is entitled to their own ofc and I will happily hope he proves me wrong if he ends up our pick.

I don't think tragedy is the right word. He's not going to be like stauskas or something. 

But I think we're going to enter another Payton type situation where we spend years trying to figure out how to hide him on defense and wait for improvement on offense against teams with good defenders and ultimately we're going to conclude that he's a good bench scorer but carries too many flaws to start. 

17 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't think tragedy is the right word. He's not going to be like stauskas or something. 

But I think we're going to enter another Payton type situation where we spend years trying to figure out how to hide him on defense and wait for improvement on offense against teams with good defenders and ultimately we're going to conclude that he's a good bench scorer but carries too many flaws to start. 

You're ignoring other aspects of his game. I don't know if you're doing it intentionally or just can't see it but there's more there.  He's going to be a guy who makes everyone better. He's going to put everyone into their appropriate roles and run the offense the way it should be run which would do wonders for this team where everyone thinks they can but it's not who they are.

I also don't understand why you think it's impossible for a 19 year old to improve defensively.

He's not my number 1 personally but you really need to just go and watch a little more and watch closely how he sees the court before he even crosses half court. 

He's 5 steps ahead of everyone else.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

Yes, people are either all in or all out, for the most part. Will be fun to see what happens

43 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

You're ignoring other aspects of his game. I don't know if you're doing it intentionally or just can't see it but there's more there.  He's going to be a guy who makes everyone better. He's going to put everyone into their appropriate roles and run the offense the way it should be run which would do wonders for this team where everyone thinks they can but it's not who they are.

I also don't understand why you think it's impossible for a 19 year old to improve defensively.

He's not my number 1 personally but you really need to just go and watch a little more and watch closely how he sees the court before he even crosses half court. 

He's 5 steps ahead of everyone else.

No he's not. 

It's pretty close to impossible for a guy that bad defensively in college to improve to anything near passable. 

I've watched more than you have. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

if you're winning every game by 15 you don't have to worry about his defense in late 4th quarter situations :)

19 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Guys who are 5 steps ahead of everyone else dont shoot 39/32 in conference with 110 turnovers in 18 games

they do when their double and triple teamed st half court and nose guarded full court 40 minutes a game, context.