Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

11 minutes ago, Odin said:

It might be fun to watch offensively though.

If your back court can get you 50-70 a night you might be OK if they don't play much D, especially if your forwards and center can lock it down on D.

Young-Doncic-Ross-AG-Biz might just be that combo.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

can't see the Magic trading Isaac this early. His upside is still absurd and fills a need for the modern NBA. HE could be a true unicorn 

He COULD/MAYBE/HOPEFULLY/we all hope possibly be, but on the other hand he could also be an injury risk spending very little time on the court and never develop. He is also one of only 2 pieces that could possibly get us another top 5 pick in this draft. Personally I would potentially trade him while his value is still very high along with next year's pick if it got us 2 of Doncic, Young, or Ayton, and I'd do it really fast!

40 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

He COULD/MAYBE/HOPEFULLY/we all hope possibly be, but on the other hand he could also be an injury risk spending very little time on the court and never develop. He is also one of only 2 pieces that could possibly get us another top 5 pick in this draft. Personally I would potentially trade him while his value is still very high along with next year's pick if it got us 2 oif Doncic, Young, or Ayton, and I'd do it really fast!

if you can't get young and Ayton no bueno

4 hours ago, Odin said:

Who would you pick if we ended up with 1 (or 2) and 3?

Ayton then whoever is still there between Doncic and Young?

If we got 2 and Ayton is taken first do you still go Doncic and Young, or grab Bagley with one of the picks?

Honestly, if we could swing this, I'd maybe go for it as I am a little concerned by how brittle Isaac has been so far. However, if Isaac can stay healthy, build up his ankles a bit, he might be a nice player with one of those guards. Can't give up on a player that has shown some potential after only one season.

yes

2 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

can't see the Magic trading Isaac this early. His upside is still absurd and fills a need for the modern NBA. HE could be a true unicorn 

Plus, the new management picked him. I don't see them trading him unless it's part of a package they really like. 

I like issac but if he could get us another pick in the top 5 I’d do it. His conditioning going back to college with the asthma concerns me to an extent and he’s already been hurt a lot.  It’s really not a huge negative towards Isaac just I’d rather have 1of Young/Bagley/Doncic/Porter.

If we could come out with Ayton and Young the entire outlook/projectory of this franchise changes overnight. 

Young/Gordon/Ayton is a reals core. 

This is all pipe dream talk though these trades never happen they are fun to dream about though. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, J-Mac said:

I'll be upset if we end the season with the worst record, and end up getting the 4th pick

4 will not be that bad of a position. You still end with one of ayton, doncic, young or Bagley. Even at a the 5 spot if we add Porter  is still ok. 

Anything after the 5th will be detrimental.