Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

6 minutes ago, Mike1989 said:

A front court with Isaac, Gordon and Bamba does have a lot of defensive potential, but offensively it could be difficult if Isaac and Bamba don't emerge at that end. 

Defense is important, but I'd take an elite scoring team with acceptable defense over an elite defensive team with acceptable offense. Ideally you get balance at both ends but offense often trumps defense in this era. 

An elite defensive team with acceptable offense is about to win the East

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Ehhh they’re an elite defensive team with players that play both ways. Brown, Tatum, Horford all can score and play D. Rozier and Morris too. Smart is the only player that’s pure defense on that team. 

Our roster is nothing close to that. They don’t have a black hole like Bamba. Tatum Is better offensively then Issac and Brown is better than Gordon. 

Boston is 4th in the playoffs in both offensive and defensive efficiency. They’re just a damn good balanced team. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

They'll win the weaker conference, but I don't see them beating the Warriors in a best of seven, and I'm not sure they will beat Houston either. But fair point Boston at doing it based on defense first, offense second, however their offense isn't that weak it just lacks a power scorer...

Horford, Tatum, Brown and Rozier are all averaging 17 to 18 points a night and can shoot. So they are sharing the scoring burden and still producing at a decent level because not many teams can boast four players averaging in the late teens. So I'd say their offense is more than acceptable.

With that said i don't see Isaac and Bamba being 17 to 18 points a night players. I hope I'm wrong, but they'll probably be nearer 10 to 12 points a night unless they put it together offensively. So for us to do a Boston we'd need to land a back court duo capable of scoring in a high teen to 20 a night range to go along with Gordon, and if we don't we'd have to try and grind our way to victories and in this era that hasn't proven successful on the title front.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

That’s an awesome quote 

I’ve been saying I think Carter could be the most slept on of the top 8. Bagley stole all the hype (rightfully so) but Carter could be really good.

I’ll actually go on record saying I’d take Carter over Bamba. Just think his game fits better in today’s NBA. 

One league talent evaluator said that the likeliest landing spots for Gilgeous-Alexander are Cleveland at No. 8 or the Clippers at Nos. 12/13. But don’t count out Gilgeous-Alexander and Orlando, which picks sixth and could use a point guard.

“He is a guy who, the more you watch him, the more you like him,” the league evaluator said. “He can shoot, that needs to improve, but he is not a bad shooter. There’s a lot to work with there. But he can control a game. He can be a quarterback of your offense. He is already an excellent defender — he can guard three or four positions as it is.

“The late lottery might not be early enough. He has moved up and up, and I don’t think he is going to stop moving up.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-draft-combine-2018-news-rumors-shai-gilgeous-alexander-cavs-clippers/1d318j3n7il961unkng6blqob2?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

9 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

True. He got better as the year went on. There’s a lot with Shai that you can’t teach which is always a plus. 

He fits in with the “rebuild 2.0” that is underway too. 

31 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I’ve been saying I think Carter could be the most slept on of the top 8. Bagley stole all the hype (rightfully so) but Carter could be really good.

I’ll actually go on record saying I’d take Carter over Bamba. Just think his game fits better in today’s NBA. 

Carter is slow though