Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Sexton reminds me a bit of Oladipo. Could be an awkward fit if he struggles with his shot, but maybe he'll hit his ceiling. I wouldn't exactly be excited

Dude got a 3.7 in high school he might have written that. 

But I meant more the sentiment, not that he could write the article. So it wouldn't matter either way. 

I would definitely talk myself into him because I always talk myself into the player once they've been drafted.  I love his intensity and betting on that might not be a bad play.

Bill Simmons and Jonathan Tjarks don't think Mo Bamba could play in a series against the 4 conference finalists. They say he wouldn't be able to stay on the court.

They say his best case scenario is Gobert and even Gobert got cooked by Curry

They're not super excited about discussing Trae Young because so many teams already have a PG but they say he could be a good fit in Orlando

19 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Bill Simmons and Jonathan Tjarks don't think Mo Bamba could play in a series against the 4 conference finalists. They say he wouldn't be able to stay on the court.

They're not super excited about discussing Trae Young because so many teams already have a PG but they say he could be a good fit in Orlando

Eh I think they're wrong. He's more mobile than gobert. And if you stick him next to other super long guys it shrinks the court. 

19 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

This is really interesting. Never really thought about it but kind of true. Bamba is an absolute black hole on offense. Def needs to be on a team surrounded by players that can score (like Jordan when the clippers were good). 

I think Bamba is a terrible fit on our team assuming we re-sign AG. Issac/AG/Bamba is an absolute yikes in the halfcourt offensively. 

I think Carter is a better fit and overall better player for us if we go Center. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Eh I think they're wrong. He's more mobile than gobert. And if you stick him next to other super long guys it shrinks the court. 

A front court with Isaac, Gordon and Bamba does have a lot of defensive potential, but offensively it could be difficult if Isaac and Bamba don't emerge at that end. 

Defense is important, but I'd take an elite scoring team with acceptable defense over an elite defensive team with acceptable offense. Ideally you get balance at both ends but offense often trumps defense in this era. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This part is true. Remember that last OKC vs GSW series before KD left? The Thunder were giving GSW all kinds of trouble just by being bigger, taller and more athletic.

Klay Thompson embodying Zeus saved their ass