Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

21 minutes ago, Mike1989 said:

Currys' measurements, lack of ideal athleticism and quickness, and defense were all critiques of his coming into the league however he's made the jump and become a star. If we think Trae can become a star we shouldn't pass on him because someone measures better because great measurements don't always equal success, like lackluster ones don't always equal failure. 

Agreed on Carter. At 6 he could be an ideal selection. He offers a high floor and decent enough ceiling to make his selection decent value. It would also complete our front court.

Except Curry was bigger in every aspect. The small margins mean a lot when you're already undersized. 

3 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

The dude can ball!!!

Measurements Shmeasurements

Chris Paul, the original Isiah Thomas, even the 2nd Isaiah Thomas etc. etc.

all dudes that got at least to the Conference Finals in their careers.

Being able to ball is the #1 factor in drafting a player, in my opinion. If people want to nitpick Trae Young's attributes so be it. He'll flourish on some other team if given the right system

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Being able to ball is the #1 factor in drafting a player, in my opinion. If people want to nitpick Trae Young's attributes so be it. He'll flourish on some other team if given the right system

I agree! I just hope it’s not Cleveland. Ugh

3 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Except Curry was bigger in every aspect. The small margins mean a lot when you're already undersized. 

Here's not that much bigger. 

The margins come from being a really smart defender that tries really hard so he's only below average and not terrible and being the best shooter in NBA history. 

Curry isn't Curry because he can hit shots from far away. Curry is Curry because he's hit almost 46% of his threes between 30-39 feet since Kerr became coach. I don't have Young's charted 30 foot threes be but Young hit 35.59% of his NBA threes at Oklahoma. 

And an open Curry three is also a 46% shot. It's the most efficient shot in the game.

Just now, WarDamnMagic said:

Did anyone else see that the Memphis is open to trading their pick to "turn it into something else"?

Like isaac and a future first?

4 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Did anyone else see that Memphis is open to trading their pick to "turn it into something else"?

Bamba + Young certainly sounds great

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Chris Paul also hit 47% of his threes at Wake Forest and led them to 21 wins as a freshman and third place in a really really good acc. 

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Here's not that much bigger. 

The margins come from being a really smart defender that tries really hard so he's only below average and not terrible and being the best shooter in NBA history. 

Curry isn't Curry because he can hit shots from far away. Curry is Curry because he's hit almost 46% of his threes between 30-39 feet since Kerr became coach. I don't have Young's charted 30 foot threes be but Young hit 35.59% of his NBA threes at Oklahoma. 

And an open Curry three is also a 46% shot. It's the most efficient shot in the game.

Right and if you're not Curry (Trae isn't) then those small margins mean even more.