Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

45 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Its prohibitively expensive and rarely worth it.  Teams trade picks when they think the rookies are overrated.  If the consensus is that they're good its going to take an absurd package to get them.  

Remember Boston offering 4 firsts for Winslow?

Yikes and as usual ainge is saved by some luck 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Its prohibitively expensive and rarely worth it.  Teams trade picks when they think the rookies are overrated.  If the consensus is that they're good its going to take an absurd package to get them.  

As bad as we suck right now with no glimmer of hope to get better other than through the draft, combined with how good the players are in the top 5, this would probably be the right time to make an absurd offer and at least start to get this team on the path to relevancy. I would offer Isaac, "supposedly" the best player in last year's draft and our unprotected 2019 1st for starters. What would it be worth to have a shot at both Young or Doncic plus Ayton?

Remember Boston offering 4 firsts for Winslow?

Remember how stupid it was to turn it down? LOL

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

As bad as we suck right now with no glimmer of hope to get better other than through the draft, combined with how good the players are in the top 5, this would probably be the right time to make an absurd offer and at least start to get this team on the path to relevancy. I would offer Isaac, "supposedly" the best player in last year's draft and our unprotected 2019 1st for starters. What would it be worth to have a shot at both Young or Doncic plus Ayton?

Remember how stupid it was to turn it down? LOL

I'd do Isaac and unprotected 2019 for 3. Not 5

20 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Who would you pick if we ended up with 1 (or 2) and 3?

Ayton then whoever is still there between Doncic and Young?

If we got 2 and Ayton is taken first do you still go Doncic and Young, or grab Bagley with one of the picks?

Honestly, if we could swing this, I'd maybe go for it as I am a little concerned by how brittle Isaac has been so far. However, if Isaac can stay healthy, build up his ankles a bit, he might be a nice player with one of those guards. Can't give up on a player that has shown some potential after only one season.

5 minutes ago, Odin said:

Who would you pick if we ended up with 1 (or 2) and 3?

Ayton then whoever is still there between Doncic and Young?

If we got 2 and Ayton is taken first do you still go Doncic and Young, or grab Bagley with one of the picks?

Honestly, if we could swing this, I'd maybe go for it as I am a little concerned by how brittle Isaac has been so far. However, if Isaac can stay healthy, build up his ankles a bit, he might be a nice player with one of those guards. Can't give up on a player that has shown some potential after only one season.

Good point.  I was under the impression that we'd have the ability to get Doncic/ young and ayton. 2 and 3 doesn't really help if its Doncic and young. 

7 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Good point.  I was under the impression that we'd have the ability to get Doncic/ young and ayton. 2 and 3 doesn't really help if its Doncic and young. 

I mean, who knows. The two of them might work well together. Definitely lose some control though if we don't have the first pick. And even if we do suck our way into worst place, we only have a 25% chance of picking first.

Ayton-Gordon-Young/Doncic sounds like a great young trio though.

52 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I just looked at about 15 mock drafts. Most have us taking Ayton or Young but some have the PGs dropping way down and it might not take that much to get one of them at 10 or so. Sadly one of the mocks had Young going to Boston. I hope for the kid's sake he gets drafted by a team that will let him play, he's too good to rot on the bench like a normal rook.

If we did luck into a 2nd top 5 pick I would play Doncic and Young together if Ayton and Bagley were gone

Young/DJ

Doncic/Simmons

Fornier/Ross

AG/FA

Biz/FA/Mo

The 4 guys at the 2 & 3 would all be interchangeable.

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I just looked at about 15 mock drafts. Most have us taking Ayton or Young but some have the PGs dropping way down and it might not take that much to get one of them at 10 or so. Sadly one of the mocks had Young going to Boston. I hope for the kid's sake he gets drafted by a team that will let him play, he's too good to rot on the bench like a normal rook.

If we did luck into a 2nd top 5 pick I would play Doncic and Young together if Ayton and Bagley were gone

Young/DJ

Doncic/Simmons

Fornier/Ross

AG/FA

Biz/FA/Mo

The 4 guys at the 2 & 3 would all be interchangeable.

Doncic and young means we're forever a crap defense though.  

13 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Maybe we could make a trade with the clippers for Jordan 

20 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

It might be fun to watch offensively though.