Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'm expecting us to end up with Bamba / JJJ and I certainly wouldn't be mad. Weltman probably had to change his pants when he found out about Bamba's measurements

I’m not sure JJJ will fall to us unless the workouts and combine makes someone rise. It would need five from Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Porter, Bamba and Young to go above us for JJJ to be available. I’ve not seen a mock in which that has happened for us yet. 

Personally I prefer Young at six, but if we get Bamba or JJJ it completes a lengthy and athletic front court.

8 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

I did not have to look very far but here is just one example

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/The-Top-Ten-Performers-at-the-2016-FIBA-U18-Americas-Championship-5638/

Let me know if you give up after you read this!!!!

He was still in high school at that point, going into his senior year. 

To recap:

You state Porter and Simmons are clones and post a scouting report to support your argument but in reality it highlights how they have opposite strengths/weaknesses.  I point that out so then you say well, Tracy McGrady agrees with me because we both see improved ball-handling since high school.  Then you post an article that barely mentions anything about his ball-handling in addition to the fact that at that point he still had a year left of high school.  He wasn't even injured at that point yet, which is the main cause of concern in all of this anyway.  And then you post about having all the facts and lament the lack of research others are doing.

The fun of debate is lost when you allow yourself to be ignorant and obtuse.

Luka Doncic hints that he might stay in Europe next season.

this could get interesting. If Suns pass, will Kings take him, knowing he may not want to play there? If Kings pass, will Hawks take him? 

Could he fall to 6? LOL - Imagine those scouting trips from WeHam were to convince him to pull a Kobe Bryant but to Orlando. Would you pass on him with the leverage pull he's using?

23 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

this could get interesting. If Suns pass, will Kings take him, knowing he may not want to play there? If Kings pass, will Hawks take him? 

Could he fall to 6? LOL - Imagine those scouting trips from WeHam were to convince him to pull a Kobe Bryant but to Orlando. Would you pass on him with the leverage pull he's using?

Would the Magic be willing to take that chance and risk a repeat Fran situation and never get our guy?

9 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Except that because of the rookie scale (see attached), the farther down he is picked, the less likely that he comes over; as the more likely that Real Madrid can/will offer him more to stay. The #1 pick maxes out at about $8.1M for his first year, #2 at about $7.24M, and #6 pick maxes out at $4.8M.  I haven't seen anything about him hinting he might stay in Europe. If he does, then he is immediately off my list. We don't need another Fran Vazquez situation where it becomes a wasted pick.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/rookie_scale/2019

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Would the Magic be willing to take that chance and risk a repeat Fran situation and never get our guy?

Yes 

16 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Except that because of the rookie scale (see attached), the farther down he is picked, the less likely that he comes over; as the more likely that Real Madrid can/will offer him more to stay. The #1 pick maxes out at about $8.1M for his first year, #2 at about $7.24M, and #6 pick maxes out at $4.8M.  I haven't seen anything about him hinting he might stay in Europe. If he does, then he is immediately off my list. We don't need another Fran Vazquez situation where it becomes a wasted pick.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/rookie_scale/2019

While Luka Doncic is considered one of the two (along with DeAndre Ayton) potential No. 1 picks in the 2018 Draft, he has hinted many times that it’s not certain that he’ll definitely move to the NBA next season. And the Real Madrid player echoed these thoughts during the EuroLeague Final Four official press conference.

“Ι’m not sure if these are the last two games [in EuroLeague]. We have yet to make this decision. Perhaps after the season,” Doncic said when asked if the Final Four matches are the last two he’ll play in EuroLeague.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/677169/luka-doncic-on-if-these-are-his-last-games-in-europe-we-have-yet-to-make-this-decision/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

See, this is the problem with people these days: all the information in the world just a Google check away; but no ability to take those facts and apply them logically. I blame public schooling.

Self revealing????????????  Look at Mike1989's post 3 hours ago.  Experts know something on who and where Porter is drafted!!!!!!

Doncic isn't staying in Europe. Here's just still in the middle of his season. College guys never say "yeah I'm not going to be here next year" mid January. They pretend that they're playing 4 years until they actually leave. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Self revealing????????????  Look at Mike1989's post 3 hours ago.  Experts know something on who and where Porter is drafted!!!!!!

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, or why you use so many punctuation marks. You claimed Porter was a Simmons clone. While they are similar in size and play the same position (probably?), their games couldn't otherwise be more different. It's like saying Derrick Rose was a Steve Nash clone. Sure, they were both talented PGs who were about 6-3/185-190 lbs, who won MVPs in their careers; but such a statement of similarity would be basically taking those facts alone and ignoring literally everything else about their games... like you have been doing, somehow using the facts of a scouting report that lists Porter Jr's strengths and weaknesses as basically opposite to Simmons', a statement from Tracy McGrady comparing Porter's game to his own (which was nothing even slightly resembling Simmons'), and now, what? The fact that some experts think Porter will be drafted high? I don't care if he's drafted #1, that doesn't make him a Simmons clone. Come to think of it... are you, like, joking or something? I can't tell. Maybe it's all the unnecessary punctuation. I'm going to assume you're joking. LOL, good one. You got me. Man, I was worried there for a bit.

20 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Doncic isn't staying in Europe. Here's just still in the middle of his season. College guys never say "yeah I'm not going to be here next year" mid January. They pretend that they're playing 4 years until they actually leave. 

Except it's not in the middle of his season, this is from the press conference for the Euroleague Final Four, where he was asked if these would be his final two games for Real Madrid. Yes, it might just be a "politically correct" statement, since he is still under contract until these games are over, and he may have every intention of coming over; but a la Fran, it could be he is using the NBA draft as a bargaining tool for his next contract with Real Madrid. The actual statement that he made today could certainly be taken either way.

“Ι’m not sure if these are the last two games [in EuroLeague]. We have yet to make this decision. Perhaps after the season,” Doncic said when asked if the Final Four matches are the last two he’ll play in EuroLeague.