Jump to content
Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Ok so then the scouting report you posted was just wrong? So you've moved onto a non-scout's opinion?

No scouting report was post high school report vs current time and tracy and I see the ball handling improvement and is why Tracy see's similarity in Porter's game as his!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ML6    256
7 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

No scouting report was post high school report vs current time and tracy and I see the ball handling improvement and is why Tracy see's similarity in Porter's game as his!!

What opportunity has there been to see Porter’s ballhandling post high school? He played like 20 minutes in his college career and was basically a stiff spot up shooter in those minutes.  Your argument doesn’t make any sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeHateMe    605

Porter over Young is a no brainer. If health checks out on Porter and we draf young over him I’ll officially ride off into the sunset. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicpassion    34
52 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Porter over Young is a no brainer. If health checks out on Porter and we draf young over him I’ll officially ride off into the sunset. 

I agree, There must be some data on Microdiscectomy surgery for NBA players? It’s probably the worst sport for this type of injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magicdoc1    176
16 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I agree, There must be some data on Microdiscectomy surgery for NBA players? It’s probably the worst sport for this type of injury. 

No is not. Football, wrestling, volleybal, gymanstic and most of the other full contact sports are worse. 

A lot of players have been able to successfully return to play in the NBA at full contact and has done very well. A good example is Dwight Howard and jared Dudley. JJ Redick in 2014 was diagnosed with a disc bulge and has been playing like that for the past 4 years at a high level. Doc Rivers played with a herniated disc for 13 years. He had surgery once he finished his career.

I think Porter will be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magicblue    229
2 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Obviously Tracy McGrady and I disagree with your assessment.  I will go with McGrady over you!!

You and Tracy can like him all you want, but his game is nothing like Ben Simmons...like at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicpassion    34
37 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

No is not. Football, wrestling, volleybal, gymanstic and most of the other full contact sports are worse. 

A lot of players have been able to successfully return to play in the NBA at full contact and has done very well. A good example is Dwight Howard and jared Dudley. JJ Redick in 2014 was diagnosed with a disc bulge and has been playing like that for the past 4 years at a high level. Doc Rivers played with a herniated disc for 13 years. He had surgery once he finished his career.

I think Porter will be fine.

Cool.... thanks for info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

No is not. Football, wrestling, volleybal, gymanstic and most of the other full contact sports are worse. 

A lot of players have been able to successfully return to play in the NBA at full contact and has done very well. A good example is Dwight Howard and jared Dudley. JJ Redick in 2014 was diagnosed with a disc bulge and has been playing like that for the past 4 years at a high level. Doc Rivers played with a herniated disc for 13 years. He had surgery once he finished his career.

I think Porter will be fine.

Those are pretty awful examples. Dwight was all but robbed of his freakish athleticism after surgery. Dudley and JJ never relied on athletic ability. I don't know Porter's background but if we are hoping he is just as athletic we might want some better examples. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magicdoc1    176
10 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Those are pretty awful examples. Dwight was all but robbed of his freakish athleticism after surgery. Dudley and JJ never relied on athletic ability. I don't know Porter's background but if we are hoping he is just as athletic we might want some better examples. 

I guess you didnt see DH playing this past year. 

In regards to JJ and Dudley, they are very aggressive defenders who play very physical basketball. 

Porter talent is not relying only on his athleticism but high IQ and ability to create and shoot the ball. 

How about Gronk?! Is that athletic enough for you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soul Bro    569
3 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Not trying to be an ass but Bamba +  Isaac + Gordon + Sexton would be a nice lineup in 1989

Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Jaudon    158
3 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Not trying to be an ass but Bamba +  Isaac + Gordon + Sexton would be a nice lineup in 1989

Not sure it would be, really. Bamba would get murdered in 1989. He's, like, 30 pounds too skinny for 80's ball. Imagine his skinny ass trying to defend Patrick Ewing, David Robinson, Hakeen Olajuwan, Moses Malone. Hell, Kevin Duckworth would have mauled him into oblivion in 1989.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×