Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

6 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I rather have Trae but if Wendell is selected, I would be okay with it even though I hate Duke but Wendell is a class act on and off the court but I do not like his mother comparing college to slavery, that is not cool at all

Yeah slavery is being sold to work for free,  If Carter did not get paid he went to the wrong school.  FBI Adida's probe proving college can be lucrative!!!

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

Disappointing evening. I think two sleeper picks are Carter and Sexton.

Carter is being slept on now but I feel like that will have he’s been getting more love lately. 

Sexton I would take over Young but I don’t really see a “star” there. But I guess at 6 your not necessarily drafting for a star. 

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

We are picking between

Trae..Bamba.. Sexton..MPJ and maybe Carter.

If they could pull it off, they go for Bamba #6, the trade for #12 and get Sexton or SGA.

Carter at 6 for me unless one of JJJ or Bamba fall. Then try and trade both 2nds and some future draft capital to move up so we avoid any "the draft flattened out" moments like last year.

Least exciting draft scenario now (and not entirely unlikely) is Mikal Bridges at 6, use one 2nd round pick on some guy I've never heard of and sell the other for some cash. 

I don't know if Young is the pick for us, but let's say we get him, is Fournier a good backcourt mate to pair with him? When I see Trae, like everyone, I can't help but see Curry; and what helped make Curry great? A 3 & D SG, with high IQ, to space the floor and to defend the tougher opposing guard. I don't think Fournier is that guy. I could be wrong.

I started this post to ask what other guards in the draft could we make a run at to pair with Young (and Isaac), but then I thought about someone we often forget on our roster. Terrence Ross. Ross' game is a perfect compliment for Young. 3s, defense, good court vision and passing, and...size. Unfortunately he's 8 yrs older. Is there a player like TRoss in the draft? Would we want to draft him or just try to stick with what we have for the next few yrs and look for a new guard down the road? Am I underrating Fournier's complimentary game to Young's and Evan is actually the better fit? 

If we do take Trae Young, I think our young core (Young, Isaac, Gordon, Birch (Yep, don't @me), Fournier, Mario (hopefully)) is still missing that alpha. A fiesty player to round out the group. Someone to talk ****, hustle, and be the pulse of the team; someone to talk **** to our own guys and hold them accountable, when needed. Who are some guys in this draft that carry that trait?

I currently have Ayton/Doncic going 1st and 2nd to the Suns and Kings, Jackson going third to the Hawks, Bagley going fourth to the Grizzlies, and either Bamba/Porter to the Mavericks. 

If that happens it leaves us with a choice between Bamba, Porter, and Young from the usual top seven mocked prospects to choose from. Of those players I'd take Trae Young because of his scoring, shooting and play making ability.

Could we look outside the usual top seven? 

I think we could. Mikal Bridges projects to be a very good 3 and D player, and if he improves offensively there's all star potential there. Wendell Carter is a solid all round player often compared to Al Horford. Some do like Collin Sexton, but I'm not convinced we should take another point guard that needs to develop as a shooter otherwise we could have Payton II. Of this trio I prefer Carter because he should complete our front court with Gordon and Isaac. 

The draft lottery was a nightmare for me.

There's a huge dropoff after the top 5 picks in my opinion. I'm holding out hope one of JJJ or Bamba fall to #6.

NOT a fan of any of the pg's in this draft AT ALL! I will trade our pick for Rozier straight up. 

If the top 5 goes as expected (Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, JJJ, Bamba) than my pick is Mikal Bridges.

Really hope we can somehow get Bamba or JJJ but I doubt it happens. I'll get behind Trae if we draft him but I really think he'll struggle to reach his potential. If we can get Bamba or JJJ  and somehow trade Fournier and other things to get one of the Clippers picks I'll be a happy man. If we don't find a PG this draft I'm all in on Scary Terry next offseason, but I fear Ainge will cash in on him knowing he won't be able to keep him.