Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

4 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

He’s just a prospect that seems to good to be true. Cause you look at him and his measurements and for some reason I can’t get past thinking it won’t traslate to the next level. 

But then you watch him play and all that doubt gets put on the backburner. He’s special. What he’s doing we haven’t really seen before. 

I mean when you can shoot like he can how much do we put into his measurables?

Last night: 

• Young finished with a game-high 43 points to go with 11 rebounds and seven assists. Young shot 10 for 18 from 3-point range. He came into this game leading the country with 29.2 points and 10.2 assists per game.
  •  
  • Curry numbers!!!

7 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Example: Jason Tatum 

I underrated Tatum for the same reason. Those traits are even less important at PG.

It's not rocket science, just pick Young

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Just draft Young with first pick and his backup with the second. who's his backup you might ask??

Great shooter but only 5'11". I like Jevon carter as a consolation prize. Intense defense and can shoot. 

15 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Great shooter but only 5'11". I like Jevon carter as a consolation prize. Intense defense and can shoot. 

He reminds me of JJ Barea.  A guy who is not afraid of his height, aggressive and who plays with passion. But just like Barea, he might have night like this and nights that will drive you crazy. 

5 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I underrated Tatum for the same reason. Those traits are even less important at PG.

100 % agree and worth of a  like. I was going to say the same thing. This kids talent is obvious. I saw Doncic playing live and what I saw of him is nothing close to the talent Young currently has.  Doncic will be good  but Young is special. 

I think we will be in a good spot to select the best PG in the Draft. The other teams that are close to us for a possible 1st round pick is:

Atlanta: Schroeder

Bulls: Dunn

Lakers: Ball

Mavs: Smith Jr

Kings: Fox

Grizzlies: Conley

Nets: Russell. 

We have a good chance to get Young. Even if we end up with the 2-4 pick. As long as any of this teams do not trade their pick. 

I can see Memphis going for him as Conley is always injured but I dont see why any other teams will pick young over other players in the draft. 

7 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Tatum.  We need to talk about Tatum.  

He's a completely different player than he was in college. I think the reason Boston decided to switch to him was entirely due to improvement made between April and late June.  And when you think about it that's something basketball should value that we cant really see on our end.  Shows guys aren't peaking in college.  Shows guys have an intense desire to improve and that's the number one thing you need to become a star.  

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think we will be in a good spot to select the best PG in the Draft. The other teams that are close to us for a possible 1st round pick is:

We have a good chance to get Young. Even if we end up with the 2-4 pick. As long as any of this teams do not trade their pick. 

I can see Memphis going for him as Conley is always injured but I dont see why any other teams will pick young over other players in the draft. 

Agree mostly with your list, except I don’t believe Chicago is sold on Dunn and Brooklyn views Russell as a 2, also, their pick goes to Cleveland who may be in the PG market if they don’t re-sign IT.

Trae Young or Colin Sexton is where I’m having a hard time deciding right now. I’d be thrilled with either 

4 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Then there are those that say you MUST take the BPA regardless of need. Young is the top scorer in college basketball and continues to amaze people. Personally I think Young will be much better than any of those on the list, the kid is special. If we get him I just hope we manage him the same way he is managed now with a green light to shoot whenever he wants to. we have to tank for the best odds and if there is any way possible to trade for another top 5 we have to do it! Young and Ayton please!!!

• Like 1