Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

15 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I guess for anyone questioning Doncics ability against athletic players, this video is for you.

I am believing the hype.

He’s going to be the number 1 pick. Just hope the balls bounce our way. Him or trae please, not much else will have any chance to transform this team in the near future. 

• Like 2

I saw a lot of Trae Young this year and man I just have a bad feeling about this kid. Seems like he has bust written all over him. Once teams in the Big12 figured him out, he was awful in the back half of the season and the Sooners shouldn't have even been in the NCAA Tournament. Then once they got to the tournament, he had an awful showing. Sure he scored 20-something points, but most of those were layups and free throws. He didn't shoot well from the outside and didn't have many assists if my memory serves me correctly. I just don't like his possibility against bigger talent. 

Now I know I've seen the Trae Young = next Steph Curry comparison before, but Curry went off in his NCAA Tournament appearance, led his team to the Elite 8 and had himself a game every single time. Elevating your game when your team needs it is the mark of a great player, I just don't see that with Young.

On a different note. 

Early rumor - Look for the Magic to try and target the Clippers for one of their pick, which are back at 12 and 13. My guess here is the Magic could offer a player like Evan plus their 2nd rounders. I believe the targets there would be SGA, Miles Bridges and Lonnie Walker. -- @MagicalNBA 

I would love to see this type of aggression from our FO. 

What type of package would convince the Clippers to accept that deal?

If we could turn Biz, Evan, a future draft pick, into #12 and lets say the ping-pong balls are nice and we get a top 4 pick. How does this sound?

#4 -- Michael Porter Jr. 

#12 -- Shai Gilgerous Alexander or Lonnie Walker

#35 -- Chandler Hutchison 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

On a different note. 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Early rumor - Look for the Magic to try and target the Clippers for one of their pick, which are back at 12 and 13. My guess here is the Magic could offer a player like Evan plus their 2nd rounders. I believe the targets there would be SGA, Miles Bridges and Lonnie Walker.</p>&mdash; MagicalNBA (@MagicalNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicalNBA/status/993541176786673664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 7, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If we could turn Biz, Evan, a future draft pick, into #12 and lets say the ping-pong balls are nice and we get a top 4 pick. How does this sound?

#4 -- Michael Porter Jr. 

Just say no to Porter. Back surgeries and basketball are not a good mix. We need an undamaged player from this draft! I'd rather trade our pick for 12 & 13 than to risk it all on Porter's back. Trade 5 for SGA & either of the 2 centers in that range.

7 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Just say no to Porter. Back surgeries and basketball are not a good mix. We need an undamaged player from this draft! I'd rather trade our pick for 12 & 13 than to risk it all on Porter's back. Trade 5 for SCA & either of the 2 centers in that range.

Yeah, I could see that. I just know that Porter Jr. was a solid player prior to the injury. And lets not forget how other players have come back from injuries before (ie: Irving + Smith Jr). 

I don't think we go for a center. Isaac needs to be a C, AG at PF. When he played at PF last season, he was great. I don't think he'd be fast enough for most SF. So I think the SF position is one that we could focus on. 

I personally think we need to address a PG in the first round this year. I really like Sexton and SGA. So if we could convince the Clips to give up that #12 or 13, I would be willing to part ways with pretty much everyone not named AG, Isaac, and Simmons to get that pick.  

33 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

On a different note. 

#4 -- Michael Porter Jr. 

It's an aggressive move and I like it; but would the Clipps have interest in Evan? They’re stocked at guard (Lou, Rivers, Bev, Thornwell) with Galinari and Harris at the wings. He does fit what they’re looking for (win now type of player) but one of those guys has to come back. They’re over the cap so they have to send something out. The salary could be an issue 

edit: bc DAJ will opt out they will be under the cap so I think they can just absorb him. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. 

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Just say no to Porter. Back surgeries and basketball are not a good mix. We need an undamaged player from this draft! I'd rather trade our pick for 12 & 13 than to risk it all on Porter's back. Trade 5 for SGA & either of the 2 centers in that range.

even if you could get Collin Sexton and Kevin Knox  (best case scenario) is that better than getting Bamba, Young, or JJJ?