Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

2 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

If somehow we luck into the 1st pick on Tuesday the board is going to be a blast with the Doncic vs Ayton posts :D

You mean Young vs JJJ?

34 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Ok. I know you like Trae but there's no reason to even consider him at 1. 

I know I'm so thankful were this bad in this draft. such a deep draft

13 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I agree about the first paragraph, the second paragraph shows our desperation as fans for talent

Those are just sentences, not paragraphs. Check the playoff thread for ~O~'s posts after a Cavs win if you want to see what a paragraph looks like. Sorry, not trying to be a dick

9 hours ago, magicblue said:

Those are just sentences, not paragraphs. Check the playoff thread for ~O~'s posts after a Cavs win if you want to see what a paragraph looks like. Sorry, not trying to be a dick

Thanks, I didn't mean to get sloppy but there were two groups of sentences separated by a line break .

19 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

This message board didn't exist until 06

It was in existence under another domain, it just transitioned over.  At least I think it did.  That was a long time ago.  

19 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

The entire point of Bridges is rate of improvement. Doesn't make sense to use early seasons as comparisons. 

Since 2008, 8 fourth-year college players have been selected within the first 10 picks of the NBA draft: Buddy Hield, Kris Dunn, Frank Kaminsky, CJ McCollum, Damian Lillard, Jimmer Fredette, Wesley Johnson, and Ekpe Udoh. In all likelihood, that number will increase to 9 this June when Mikal Bridges presumably goes in the top 10. His stock has climbed steadily, both in the mainstream draft world and in the #DraftTwitter universe, as he recently rose to 5th overall on my Stepien colleague Mike Gribanov’s updated big board. Despite being a redshirt junior, Bridges’ age is rarely mentioned. Part of this is due to the fact that he is young for his class, not turning 22 until late August, but he also fits an archetype that is traditionally viewed as “high floor, low ceiling”, where age is theoretically less of a concern. Is Bridges good enough for his age to warrant a top-10 selection? For most of the season, the answer has been an emphatic “yes”. He’s seen as one of this draft’s best defenders and 3-point shooters, making him an ideal “3 and D” prospect. Bridges garners comparisons to elite role players like Otto Porter and Robert Covington, which is notable because Covington ranked first among small forwards in Real Plus-Minus (RPM) this season while Porter ranked second. However, numbers and film suggest that Bridges may not be the paragon of 3 and D; he may just be an average role-playing wing prospect.

In case you haven’t tinkered around with it, Sean Derenthal’s Player Distribution Tool is an incredible resource. The visualization of different players’ ranges of outcomes is incredibly intuitive and allows for quick comparisons between prospects. For a player widely regarded as a top-10 and even top-8 player in the draft, Bridges performs fairly poorly in the tool. Compared to the other players at the top of the class, he has the greatest chance of being a non-NBA-level player as well as by far the lowest chance of becoming a top-25 or top-10 player.

https://www.thestepien.com/2018/05/02/mikal-bridges-really-top-10-talent/

Wasting a first on Trae Young would be a huge mistake for this team. I highly doubt Weltman/Hammond go back on everything we know about them and choose Trae

15 minutes ago, Pootie Tang said:

Wasting a first on Trae Young would be a huge mistake for this team. I highly doubt Weltman/Hammond go back on everything we know about them and choose Trae

starting to see every players warts. it's an odd class