Jump to content
Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

billy5783    13
21 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

 

I love me some Mo Bamba. But what the hell is gonna happen on offense next year if we draft him and lose Vuc and Evan? We would legitimately be the worst offensive team in the league depending on other moves and Gordon/Isaac's development. I admit that his potential is ridiculous though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauro Pedrosa    460
2 minutes ago, billy5783 said:

I love me some Mo Bamba. But what the hell is gonna happen on offense next year if we draft him and lose Vuc and Evan? We would legitimately be the worst offensive team in the league depending on other moves and Gordon/Isaac's development. I admit that his potential is ridiculous though.

Yeah, I don't know how an amazing defensive team with bad offense would do in today's NBA. 

And you have to think about keeping all our young guns together, salaries etc. And we'd have little money to spend on offense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billy5783    13
29 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Yeah, I don't know how an amazing defensive team with bad offense would do in today's NBA. 

And you have to think about keeping all our young guns together, salaries etc. And we'd have little money to spend on offense 

And don't get me wrong, I would still be pumped if we drafted Bamba. I just think that we definitely have to look at what else is available and if there is a guy who looks like he can be a legit scorer in the league, you gotta go for it. Unless the plan is to try to unload Gordon in the near future for a piece or two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,582
43 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Yeah, I don't know how an amazing defensive team with bad offense would do in today's NBA. 

And you have to think about keeping all our young guns together, salaries etc. And we'd have little money to spend on offense 

Last years atlanta hawks was the 4th best defense and fourth worst offense and won 43 games.  

Don't worry so much about 5 years from now. Get good at something and build from there.  

Maybe Gordon takes another step forward on offense.  Maybe isaac works on his shot more and becomes Joe ingles-ish on offense.  Maybe we find a sleeper guard in the back half of the draft or free agency or like the Reddick for Harris trade that pulls everything together.  

Get an elite defense.

Have isaac- Gordon- bamba be something special to  build around. 

Fill in the blanks later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magicdoc1    151
2 hours ago, billy5783 said:

I love me some Mo Bamba. But what the hell is gonna happen on offense next year if we draft him and lose Vuc and Evan? We would legitimately be the worst offensive team in the league depending on other moves and Gordon/Isaac's development. I admit that his potential is ridiculous though.

I think offensively we will have to rely on AG and Simmons and Hopefully Mario. More importantly we have to find a Pg that can create and allow for players like Isaac, Bamba (or Carter) to get more involved in offensively . 

I just dont see how Fournier can be traded this offseason. I will be happy if we do a sign a trade with Dallas for Noel.

that will help us with the draft. We can go after Mikal or Young instead. 

Young/DJ                    Okobo/DJ

simmons, FA               Mikal/Simmons

Isaac/Mario                Isaac/Mario

AG/Birch                      AG/Birch

Noel/Biz.                     Noel/Biz

 

I am very high in Okobo. He is pretty much the Young of Europe. Shooting range is incredible. He should be our second round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magicdoc1    151
17 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Last years atlanta hawks was the 4th best defense and fourth worst offense and won 43 games.  

Don't worry so much about 5 years from now. Get good at something and build from there.  

Maybe Gordon takes another step forward on offense.  Maybe isaac works on his shot more and becomes Joe ingles-ish on offense.  Maybe we find a sleeper guard in the back half of the draft or free agency or like the Reddick for Harris trade that pulls everything together.  

Get an elite defense.

Have isaac- Gordon- bamba be something special to  build around. 

Fill in the blanks later

If we can get Bamba and Okobo will be great!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mack1085    29
32 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Get an elite defense.

Have isaac- Gordon- bamba be something special to  build around. 

Fill in the blanks later

 

I tend to agree with this line of reasoning, but elite offensive skill trumps elite defensive skill in the NBA. So if there’s a guy who we think could be as elite on offense as Bamba is on defense, I would draft the offense and work with Birch. 

Now Bamba is tough because he could have offensive potential to add to his elite defense where a Trae Young probably won’t ever have much to add on defense. So maybe that changes the equation...I’m just glad this board is talking about a big man that plays defense and a point guard that shoots. Who could have guessed that trying to build a team with the opposite would fail?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicman28    235
1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Last years atlanta hawks was the 4th best defense and fourth worst offense and won 43 games.  

Don't worry so much about 5 years from now. Get good at something and build from there.  

Maybe Gordon takes another step forward on offense.  Maybe isaac works on his shot more and becomes Joe ingles-ish on offense.  Maybe we find a sleeper guard in the back half of the draft or free agency or like the Reddick for Harris trade that pulls everything together.  

Get an elite defense.

Have isaac- Gordon- bamba be something special to  build around. 

Fill in the blanks later

Yeah i guess you'd have to go that route. I would hope we bring back Mario. I do not like the idea of having those three without a guy who can handle the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Last years atlanta hawks was the 4th best defense and fourth worst offense and won 43 games.  

Don't worry so much about 5 years from now. Get good at something and build from there.  

Maybe Gordon takes another step forward on offense.  Maybe isaac works on his shot more and becomes Joe ingles-ish on offense.  Maybe we find a sleeper guard in the back half of the draft or free agency or like the Reddick for Harris trade that pulls everything together.  

Get an elite defense.

Have isaac- Gordon- bamba be something special to  build around. 

Fill in the blanks later

I like the Bamba pick.  Defensive force immediately.  Offense potential is there just not immediately.   We will not overtake Boston and Philly in this year's draft alone.  But what all this means is that Bamba will be drafted 4th one spot ahead of us!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Did the Tankathon's simulator three times and twice got the 7th pick. Third time got 5th. 

I am so glad we won a moral victory that last game and we have established a  "winning " culture.     64% chance we stay or 5 or drop down.  36% chance at 6th!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×