Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Just now, Ibn Battuta said:

I don't remember any time that Josh McRoberts was going to be the #1 pick in the draft. And just to check he got drafted in the 2nd round. So I don't know what you're thinking.

He was the consensus number 1 recruit in the high school class of 2005 and ESPN's high school player of the year.  He was going to be a lotto pick before...

Back surgery

48 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Yup. And I could also call you a typical Trae Young homer, but I'm not. Luka is the top prospect to probably ever come out of europe.

dudes gotta play for the Magic for me to be a homer, 1, and 2 you're right about Lukas status about Europe, but the average NBA fan isn't going to know who he is right at the beginning of the season, Trae Young just spent a season being historically great and being must see tv

5 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

dudes gotta play for the Magic for me to be a homer, 1, and 2 you're right about Lukas status about Europe, but the average NBA fan isn't going to know who he is right at the beginning of the season, Trae Young just spent a season being historically great and being must see tv

The average nba fan doesn't know much about a lot of the players coming out of college to be quite honest.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

The average nba fan doesn't know much about a lot of the players coming out of college to be quite honest.

The average NBA fan goes for the Warriors or Cavs and knows nothing about any prospects in the league. 

24 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

more specifically Orlando magic ticket buyers

35 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

College basketball sucks, so I can't blame them.

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

what am I exageratting?

I really need to answer that question. You're basically implying that Magic fans pay no attention to upcoming prospects. regardless if they come from Europe, college or even right out of HS.

10 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

I really need to answer that question. You're basically implying that Magic fans pay no attention to upcoming prospects. regardless if they come from Europe, college or even right out of HS.

NO, I'm saying Trae Young has more box office appeal than Luka Doncic. He's a bigger name in the states and fans love small guards who can score and make fancy passes

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

NO, I'm saying Trae Young has more box office appeal than Luka Doncic. He's a bigger name in the states and fans love small guards who can score and make fancy passes

I prefer big guards that can score and make fancy passes without relying on the 3 pointer.