Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

I see Porter isn’t getting much consideration here. Do people think his back won’t fully check out? A healthy Porter intrigues me more than Bagley. 

33 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Young/Fournier/Isaac\AG\Biz could definitely make some noise. If we take a center and haven't been able to trade Vuc or Biz then we won't have many minutes available. We have to be smart and tank for Young, Doncic, or Sexton in the top 5.

what really sells me on Doncic are 4 things: his footwork, his iq and mentality, his touch, and his vision. he doesn't always pass the eye test but in the NBA he'll have a lot more room to show off his craftiness.

Another thing I noted today: average to less than average athletes look really poor in most highlight tapes because they put them in slow motion and that honestly just makes them look that much slower lol IF we don't get him, I'm kind of hoping he goes to Boston just because hed be in so many more conversations playing there and we'd see him more than any other team than the Magic. He has this odd air to him coming over, like he's the second leading scorer in Euroleague at the age of 18. He's definitely a top 20 wing in the world and that just doesn't happen with a draft prospect. It's pretty unprecedented.  The kid feels like royalty. Haven't had that feeling since King James came into the league. 

Collin Sexton is the exact opposite of our point guards now.  Confident alpha dog who can score on 3 levels and doesn't take nights off. He's all I wanted for Christmas until I learned about Tre Young. Sexton is gonna out hustle guys and really be a bull offensively (his nicknames Young Bull) he trash talked Penny Hardaway to his face at a high school game he was coaching that his son was playing him (he told Penny his son was trash and gave him crazy eyes). What I admire also is he still seems pretty raw so I can see a lot of room to grow while still being able to make an immediate impact in some degree.

Tre Young- looks better than Lonzo, Markelle, Fox, DSJ or anyone that's come our of college basketball in a long time . He's every 8 year old boy's create a player on a video game. As a freshman, leading the nation in scoring and assists. His game is consistant he knows he's an eagle and he refuses to fly at lower altitudes.  He tied the NCAA record for assist with 22 (may be more?) I saw him shoot his way from 3 and driving to the basket to come back from being behind by 12+ to win a ball game. The kid has crazy handles that seem to show more and more moves every other game. Closest handles to Kyrie in amateur sports. He's very aware of the body he plays in, quick release and great moves. Makes perfect use of picks and screens. Can play on and off the ball. Can catch and shoot. Plays with his head up at all times and makes clean passes with one or both hands with either hand to both corners to the shooters in their pockets. Has a genuine rhythm to his GAME that's almost impossible to teach, I feel like I can see him reading plays as he has the court divided up into sections and he moves through them like a gauntlet constantly looking for the next opportunity to break the defense to score or make an assist. At the end of the day, he knows what he's doing and he knows his GAME. Gotta say he and Doncic share that the most out of anyone in this draft.  The bigs think they shoot better than they can, Bagley included. 

21 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

I see Porter isn’t getting much consideration here. Do people think his back won’t fully check out? A healthy Porter intrigues me more than Bagley. 

Back injuries are scary. Read somewhere that injury is 75% likely to happen again to players. Not sure about the validity to that. If our staff was confident in him, I wouldn't mind getting him but not over Young, Ayton, Doncic, Sexton, or Bamba. 

11 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

As someone who works a job tangentially related to the medical field micro discectomies scare the hell out of me.  We don't really know where he's at medically.  Does he have DDD? Was there a fusion? 

This procedure has a high frequency of residual pain or lasting nerve damage.  

There is a small chance this is a career ending injury.  

So really theres a high risk factor with him.  The other talent in this class plus Isaac and Gordon already on the roster makes it kind of not worth it for us

39 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

As someone who works a job tangentially related to the medical field micro discectomies scare the hell out of me.  We don't really know where he's at medically.  Does he have DDD? Was there a fusion? 

This procedure has a high frequency of residual pain or lasting nerve damage.  

There is a small chance this is a career ending injury.  

So really theres a high risk factor with him.  The other talent in this class plus Isaac and Gordon already on the roster makes it kind of not worth it for us

There is NO WAY I would take a chance on somebody that has a back injury/surgery with a high draft pick no matter how good they used to be, especially with all the healthy talent available. There is a good chance that he will play about as much as Embiid, maybe even less if he gets frequent spasms.

8 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

That’s not too exciting to me. How about the PGs?

Young is some outlier player who shouldn't be doing what he's doing. Steve Nash ish. 

Sexton is another Lowry type guy.  

Doncic is hard to comp.  He's like hedo-ginobili who does nothing but win.  

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

Young is some outlier player who shouldn't be doing what he's doing. Steve Nash ish. 

Sexton is another Lowry type guy.  

Doncic is hard to comp.  He's like hedo-ginobili who does nothing but win.  

So where do you have these guys ranked? Seems we could use any one of them 

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

So where do you have these guys ranked? Seems we could use any one of them 

14 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Doncic

Ayton

Sexton/young

Bamba

Bagley