Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Lonzo is currently on a run shooting 8 for 54 from three...

Everyone is forgetting one thing about the Lakers.  Thye have drafted one #1, two #2's (traded one) and a #7 and get Kuzma late who looks encouraging.  PLUS they have manipulated their roster so they can offer two max contracts this year.  So they tanked, got some good young players and now can try to get LeBron or Paul George.  Not many teams have immediate success with one and done freshmen.  The transition is tough.  Lonzo is no different.  But as the team improves and he gets more experience he could be an All Star.  And depending on free agency, Lakers could be in great shape!

• Upvote 1

Anyone watch the 60 Minutes special on Giannis Antetokounmpo last night? His discovery and story is insane. Wow. Gives me renewed faith in our new leadership. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Anyone watch the 60 Minutes special on Giannis Antetokounmpo last night? His discovery and story is insane. Wow. Gives me renewed faith in our new leadership. 

Where can I watch that? 

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I just looked it up. What a great story. Love that basketball is such an international sport and that scouting has reached a point to make so many of these stories possible (though giannis is definitely bigger than most).

16 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Teams that have drafted 1-4 the past two years are Brooklyn (didn’t keep picks), Philly, LA, and Phoenix.  Other than Philly, who put their fans through some really bad years and now are in the playoffs, not sure what tanking has done for the others, who remain terrible.  Minnesota had at least 12 bad years in a row, got a few high picks eventually, and now after all that time are 7th seed in the playoffs.  Hardly seems like a direct route to prosperity. 

What is the direct route to prosperity? Please tell.

• Upvote 1

Here's my magic big board

Doncic

JJJ

Ayton

Bamba

Bridges

Shai

Trae

Bagley

Zhaire Smith

Sexton 

Carter

Miles bridges

Porter 

Then the list of bigs in some order Robinson, Williams, Gafford, porter

Knox

Lonnie 

Then the list of point guards in some order.  Shake, ponds, Brunson, Graham, Melton, Carter, holiday, shamet, Evans

KBD

Troy brown

Gary Clark

Gary trent

Simons

Kenrich Williams

Vince Edward's

Bruce Brown

1 hour ago, magicblue said:

What is the direct route to prosperity? Please tell.

While planning, good drafting, good management, and development are important, no one component trumps pure luck!!!!  Without good old pure luck (good or bad) no current NBA team would be where they are!!!  So I pray for GOOD luck for the Magic this year

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Doncic

JJJ

Ayton

Bamba

Bridges

Shai

Trae

Bagley

Zhaire Smith

Sexton 

Carter

Miles bridges

Porter 

Knox

Lonnie 

Then the list of point guards in some order.  Shake, ponds, Brunson, Graham, Melton, Carter, holiday, shamet, Evans

KBD

Troy brown

Gary Clark

Gary trent

Simons

Kenrich Williams

Vince Edward's

Bruce Brown

Good list of players in there and I am looking forward to this draft since I think we will be in a good position to get a good player who will help us.  Injuries this year hav put us in that position.  Individual workouts/interviews may alter the order a bit.  I would, based on need, put Ayton and Bamba above JJJ who I would have slightly below Bagley.  There is the top 5 with Trae 6th

14 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

where can this interview be heard kind sir?

That was a 96.9 the game radio interview. I dont think you can hear it anywhere else at the moment. I am not not sure if they have it at their website for listeners to Go back. I am not sure. 

There are a lot of players I would be happy to come away with in this draft so I'm confident that we WILL improve our team!

Point guards - Doncic, Young, Sexton, SAG, Shake Milton, Brunson, and Carter

Bigs - Ayton, JJJ, Bagley, Carter, Bamba, Bridges, and Gafford

Any 3 of these will be great for us. I do NOT want Porter unless he drops to the 2nd round. Too much risk with the back surgery and I don't think he is any better than the healthy guys.

I hope management does not take a PF unless they intend to move him to center or they move AG or Isaac. With all the good players available we should take the BPA for positions we need to fill. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Doncic

JJJ

Ayton

Bamba

Bridges

Shai

Trae

Bagley

Zhaire Smith

Sexton 

Carter

Miles bridges

Porter 

Knox

Lonnie 

KBD

Troy brown

Gary Clark

Gary trent

Simons

Kenrich Williams

Vince Edward's

Bruce Brown

I am glad I am not the only one very high on JJJ. I do think Ayton is better now but JJJ potential can not Go unnoticed. 

I will, however, put Bagley over Bridges but Bridges has been so good lately that I now have him above any PG. 

when it comes to PG’s I still have Young above Shai and Sexton. 

Also, Porter is too low on your list. He is talented enough to be Top 8. His injury is concerning but not enough to drop him out of the top 7-8 position. 

He has the talent. The surgery was a tough one but not enough to affect his career. Dwight has similar surgery 3 years ago and look how he is playing. embidd also missed significan time due to a stress fracture in his back and he is doing currently well. A stress reaction is as concerning as a bulging disc.  Gronk is another example. Had surgery in 2012-13?? And he still going hard. 

Porter surgery was at L3-L4. Not truly as a loading segment as L4L5 and L5-S1 segments are. . I think, as long as he did proper therapy and if the rehab went uneventful, i dont see any reason as to Be so alarm. Of course, medical records needs to be reviewed, maybe another MRI might needs to be done to see how much of the disc material is still in place at that leve and some functional activities needs to be done. etc...

Those are the main things they need to check butThe fact that he is already playing is very encouraging. 

49 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I am glad I am not the only one very high on JJJ. I do think Ayton is better now but JJJ potential can not Go unnoticed. 

I will, however, put Bagley over Bridges but Bridges has been so good lately that I now have him above any PG. 

when it comes to PG’s I still have Young above Shai and Sexton. 

Also, Porter is too low on your list. He is talented enough to be Top 8. His injury is concerning but not enough to drop him out of the top 7-8 position. 

He has the talent. The surgery was a tough one but not enough to affect his career. Dwight has similar surgery 3 years ago and look how he is playing. embidd also missed significan time due to a stress fracture in his back and he is doing currently well. A stress reaction is as concerning as a bulging disc.  Gronk is another example. Had surgery in 2012-13?? And he still going hard. 

Porter surgery was at L3-L4. Not truly as a loading segment as L4L5 and L5-S1 segments are. . I think, as long as he did proper therapy and if the rehab went uneventful, i dont see any reason as to Be so alarm. Of course, medical records needs to be reviewed, maybe another MRI might needs to be done to see how much of the disc material is still in place at that leve and some functional activities needs to be done. etc...

Those are the main things they need to check butThe fact that he is already playing is very encouraging. 

Read ?4thewin's analysis of Porter's back injury at the top of page 175.