Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

4 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

so you bring up Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram? They look better than anyone on our roster and should be borderline all stars for their absolute floor and then have to stretch the top 3 out to top 4 in order to mention Josh Jackson, who was never going to be a number one guy but rather a complimentary piece to Booker to make your point?

Lonzo is currently on a run shooting 8 for 54 from three...

I personally love Bagley. His numbers and energy remind me of Amare and Love. A lot of people criticized Tatum’s lack of defense at Duke, and he’s become a great pro. Given Bagley’s athleticism and youth, I’d take a chance that he could become a good two-way pro.

20 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I personally love Bagley. His numbers and energy remind me of Amare and Love. A lot of people criticized Tatum’s lack of defense at Duke, and he’s become a great pro. Given Bagley’s athleticism and youth, I’d take a chance that he could become a good two-way pro.

The problem is Tatum is a wing and he wasn't a bad defender at Duke, he just didn't project as a good defender.  

Bagley is a big that relies on interior scoring so he'll probably need to be a 5. Also he's a poor rim protector and so bad at defense that Duke had to play a zone.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

The problem is Tatum is a wing and he wasn't a bad defender at Duke, he just didn't project as a good defender.  

Bagley is a big that relies on interior scoring so he'll probably need to be a 5. Also he's a poor rim protector and so bad at defense that Duke had to play a zone.  

Tatum played a ton of PF at Duke and the argument was he would be too slow footed to be able to guard the SF spot. As I watched Bagley and Duke this year, their offense and defense were often a mess because they played two bigs. Even tonight Kansas picked on their zones from the corner three, as the bigs often struggled to close out. An an 18 year old, Bagley's proven to be able to space the floor, so I think he'd be fine on offense. To me his defense is obviously the big question mark, but I'd love to have a coach that would run and gun with guys like Isaac, Gordon and Bagley. Overall, I see almost all of the prospects having warts this year, and I guess I'm fine with Bagley's upside. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Lonzo is currently on a run shooting 8 for 54 from three...

kid will figure it out most NBA heads aren't worried about roller coaster up and down rookie seasons

I also would like to say I like the second round point guards this year. Guys like Graham, Brunson and Carter all have certain appeal to me.

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

I also would like to say I like the second round point guards this year. Guys like Graham, Brunson and Carter all have certain appeal to me.

yeah they're awesome upper classman

14 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Tatum played a ton of PF at Duke and the argument was he would be too slow footed to be able to guard the SF spot. As I watched Bagley and Duke this year, their offense and defense was often a mess because they played two bigs. Even tonight Kansas picked on their zones from the corner three, as the bigs often struggled to close out. An an 18 year old, Bagley's proven to be able to space the floor, so I think he'd be fine on offense. To me his defense is obviously the big question mark, but I'd love to have a coach that would run and gun with guys like Isaac, Gordon and Bagley. Overall, I see almost of the prospects having warts this year, and I guess I'm fine with Bagley's upside. 

Bagleys a great pick, if he ever figures things out on defense and can add a ton of muscle, dude would be a monster. 

On 3/24/2018 at 9:56 AM, magicdoc1 said:

i Heard the interview and he is more interested in guys that can score and shoot more than anything else. He did mention that the league is looking more for length and athleticism(ouch to vouch). but he emphasized on the scoring. He brought up a story ofthe time he was playing pick-up  basketball and always selecting the guy that can shoot over everyone else. 

Guys..... I think we are going with YOUNG. The guy in the draft that can score and shoot while the rest of the teams are going for size and length.

When it come with size and athleticism then I see them going after Bamba above the likes of Porter, Bagley, Carter and any of the Bridges. 

Magic top five board after the interview( in my opinion): 

1. Ayton(shooting and size)

2. Doncic(shooting and size for his position)

3. Young(shooting and scoring)

4. Bamba(lenght and athletecism)

5. JJJ(athletesism and size)

where can this interview be heard kind sir?

Bagley being largely unable to do anything against Svi Mykhailiuk seems not great. 

22 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Bagley being largely unable to do anything against Svi Mykhailiuk seems not great. 

Bagley was doubled throughout the game while Carter looked slow and indecisive except for the end.

3 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Bagley was doubled throughout the game while Carter looked slow and indecisive except for the end.

I really like azibukie dude plays tough and rugged