Jump to content
Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

?4thewin    1,762
6 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

That's fine, but what does that have to do with Porter Jr.? The people you are referring to may or may not have had the same injury or degree of injury. A microdiscectomy, from the literature I read, is not a serious condition and the outcomes are very successful. They make a one inch incision and remove the dead nerves. In most cases you don't even need physical therapy to get back to normal. 

You probably are looking at base level microdiscectomys and recovery timetables for sedentary work. That's probably not the surgery porter had. 

The fact the injury presented itself initially as leg injury indicates he probably suffered from radiculopathy as well which exacerbates recovery timeframes and the fact his career is designated as heavy work hurts his recovery timetable and risks reinjury. His age helps significantly because data shows positive recovery trends over every 5 year grouping.  Also he'll have daily treatments and observation by medical professionals and trainers so he's not every day Joe Schmoe warehouse worker who gets the limited treatment his insurance company approves.  

Still, a significant population never returns to heavy work. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

I'm not one for losing on purpose but we need to find a way to lose to the Bulls and Mavs and Hawks.

The Bulls are RESTING players. They are the team that is trying to lose the most right now. I've clocked on to what they are doing lol sly buggers 

I hate tanking too but you are 100% right on the Bulls and Dallas a close second on tanking.  It appears Memphis and Phoenix will finish 1 and 2 and thye have tanked.  If we are smart we can end up third!!!  I think it goes against human nature to want to lose and I get that but the system tempts you for the reward you can possibly get.  AND it is the way the game is being played.  The teams that have drafted 1, 2, and 3 the last few years are in a much better position than we are!!!   It ain't rocket science here!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, matthi32 said:

Would you take back the contract from Batum (trade Fournier and Mack or Augustin) to get the pick from Charlotte?

I would trade Vuc and Mack for Batum and their pick. On 2nd thought after finding out Batum has 3 years left I would pass hard on any trade for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I would trade Vuc and Mack for Batum and their pick

Salaries wouldn’t match for one. Vucevic and Mack are at about $19 mil combined, Batum makes $24 mill next season. Also, Vucevic is an expiring after next year and Mack becomes non-guaranteed and waiveable for almost nothing this year. Batum still has 3 years on his contract and at 32 years old in the 20-21 season, he’ll be making over $27 mill. No thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Salaries wouldn’t match for one. Vucevic and Mack are at about $19 mil combined, Batum makes $24 mill next season. Also, Vucevic is an expiring after next year and Mack becomes non-guaranteed and waiveable for almost nothing this year. Batum still has 3 years on his contract and at 32 years old in the 20-21 season, he’ll be making over $27 mill. No thanks

I  ran it in the trade checker and it worked but I didn't look at the length of contracts. I'd pass hard too with 3 years left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,762
5 hours ago, matthi32 said:

Would you take back the contract from Batum (trade Fournier and Mack or Augustin) to get the pick from Charlotte?

No.  He has a chronic injury and that's too much money for that pick.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicfan1987    215
13 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

You probably are looking at base level microdiscectomys and recovery timetables for sedentary work. That's probably not the surgery porter had. 

The fact the injury presented itself initially as leg injury indicates he probably suffered from radiculopathy as well which exacerbates recovery timeframes and the fact his career is designated as heavy work hurts his recovery timetable and risks reinjury. His age helps significantly because data shows positive recovery trends over every 5 year grouping.  Also he'll have daily treatments and observation by medical professionals and trainers so he's not every day Joe Schmoe warehouse worker who gets the limited treatment his insurance company approves.  

Still, a significant population never returns to heavy work. 

this dudes smarter than me^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicfan1987    215
1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I KNEW there was somebody in our group that really had a lot of knowledge of back ailments and surgeries! Thanks ?4the win.

I've semi teased everyone I've mentioned drafting porter.

If we can get Young or Mikal Bridges I'd be really happy. If we can trade Vuc and or Fournier for a later lottery pick and get both, I'd be estatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×