Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

37 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Yes, I can see Porter getting into the top 5 and even Top 3 but it will all depends on his work-outs. I see him currently #7 in their boards after Bagley(#6) with surprisingly Shai at #8.  I rather have JJJ and Porter over Bamba but I can see management having him at the top 5 position. 

Shai has looked good at times in the tournament. He could be someone that moves into the top ten if teams buy into him, but I think he’s one of those talents that would be ideally selected if we traded back to get the 76ers, Clippers, or Suns picks. 

No Mikal in the top eight? I’d say he’s got the potential to be someone we could be interested in if we fall outside the top five. He could end up playing SG or SF depending on the team, and a 3-and-D wing like Mikal could be a nice fit next to Isaac and Gordon. It also allows us to try and package Fournier or Simmons plus whatever else to try and get another late lottery pick, perhaps allowing us to grab Sexton or Shai. 

Not sure I’d take JJJ over Bamba. I like JJJ’s shooting and ability to space the floor, but his performance in the tournament and against better competition is a concern. I think the size of Bamba with his rebounding and shot blocking is very appealing. He’s a work in progress offensively but he has decent touch and should be useful on that end. 

• Like 1

After last nights game I think I like Carter better than Bagley.

Ayton, Doncic, JJJ, Young, Bamba, Carter for me, and just say no to Porter. If we end up winning too many meaningless games and get a later pick I would love to trade back for 2 in the teens and grab a center and a PG both. Carter and SAG anybody?

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think there's a good chance we end up with Young, JJJ or Mikal and I'm cool with that

A lot of people took Hammonds quote last night and pointed to porter and jjj, but honestly I don’t get how you don’t hear that quote about length and shooting and picture Mikal. Kid is really really good. Will have an immediate role in the nba with tons of potential to grow. 

Maybe I am just biased because he might be my favorite prospect (not necessarily the best prospect) but I think this kid is 100% what we are looking for other than a pg. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Bagley isn't long 

Length is one thing, results with that length are another.  One measurement we do not have is vertical leap which impacts length.  Following comments very favorable with respect to Bagley's impact.

When it comes to the top spot in the class Marvin Bagley, III, a 6-foot-11 power forward, will remain No. 1. His natural talent is undeniable. Bagley continues to separate himself not only based on his potential and projection in the game, but with his daily improvement. He is a game-changer who continues to show a willingness to work on becoming a more alert defender and rebounder. He owns ultra-athletic ability, including excellent speed at his size along with an impressive vertical jump and second jump to go along with good mobility and fluidity.

Scoring is important (proved he can shoot last night and 6-8 for FT) and he leads his team in scoring (on a team of scoring stars).  Rebounding, a component of length, leaping and timing is very impressive.  I read in another article that he has some potential to play 5 in small ball (as if 6'11" is small).  I 

Based on Weltman's comments I do not think we are drafting another player whio has not shown the ability to score in college.  I see our board as Ayton or Doncic 1st and 2nd, Bagley 3rd, Young 4th and Bamba 5th.  If scoring is the biggest criteria, Young jumps up!

10 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'm just basing my opinion on a lot of people that I know that have had back surgeries, none of which were one and done. 

the fact that he's so young with a back injury is troubling

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/luka-doncic NBA draftnet has Doncic falling to us at #4. This kid can score and is a great passer. Are his handles good enough to play PG? At 6'8 he'd be shooting over every PG in the league.

He looks real good and versatile; I saw footage where he abused Porzingis. I just hope he has the lateral speed for NBA point guards. I really like him for us......

32 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

He looks real good and versatile; I saw footage where he abused Porzingis. I just hope he has the lateral speed for NBA point guards. I really like him for us......

I don't think it matters if he can guard PGs. If he's the real deal on offense he's long enough to guard bigger guys and we can draft or sign a PG to play defense and shoot 3s down the line.