Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

28 minutes ago, The Boss said:

JJJ? 

He hasn’t shown to be someone who can score against good competition yet.

Bagley fits the bill though.

Watched last night's game and I honestly wasn't that impressed by Bagley. Rebounding was solid in the second half but I'd expect any top big man to rebound, aside from that he didn't show anything defensively that made an impression and most of his offense was catch and finish or put backs. Thought Carter was just as impressive if not more.

• Upvote 1

Also... I really hope we're not drafting Porter. Injuries scare me... of course it's worked out for Philly drafting injured guys and letting them recover properly (admittedly all of those guys showed more in college than Porter did).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Whoever brought up Horford, that’s a comp I like for Carter.

He’s got vertical that Horford never had but otherwise it’s a good one.

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Hmmmm

i Heard the interview and he is more interested in guys that can score and shoot more than anything else. He did mention that the league is looking more for length and athleticism(ouch to vouch). but he emphasized on the scoring. He brought up a story ofthe time he was playing pick-up  basketball and always selecting the guy that can shoot over everyone else. 

Guys..... I think we are going with YOUNG. The guy in the draft that can score and shoot while the rest of the teams are going for size and length.

When it come with size and athleticism then I see them going after Bamba above the likes of Porter, Bagley, Carter and any of the Bridges. 

Magic top five board after the interview( in my opinion): 

1. Ayton(shooting and size)

2. Doncic(shooting and size for his position)

3. Young(shooting and scoring)

4. Bamba(lenght and athletecism)

5. JJJ(athletesism and size)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

i Heard the interview and he is more interested in guys that can score and shoot more than anything else. He did mention that the league is looking more for length and athleticism(ouch to vouch). but he emphasized on the scoring. He brought up a story ofthe time he was playing pick-up  basketball and always selecting the guy that can shoot over everyone else. 

Guys..... I think we are going with YOUNG. The guy in the draft that can score and shoot while the rest of the teams are going for size and length.

When it come with size and athleticism then I see them going after Bamba above the likes of Porter, Bagley, Carter and any of the Bridges. 

Magic top five board after the interview( in my opinion): 

1. Ayton(shooting and size)

2. Doncic(shooting and size for his position)

3. Young(shooting and scoring)

4. Bamba(lenght and athletecism)

5. JJJ(athletesism and size)

The team does lack a go to scoring option. If the front office believe that Young can be that guy then I can see us going for him. We can always make up for his defensive question marks by pairing him with someone that can handle the tough assignments.

It does make sense for us to add someone that can be our number one option, since we do have a number of possible second, third and fourth option caliber players at the minute. I guess we can score by committee and play high level defense but coming out of this draft with a scorer would be a step in the right direction.

With that said I would rank Ayton, Bagley, Doncic and Porter ahead of Young, though I would rank Young ahead of Jackson and Mikal Bridges. The wild card is Bamba, I like this potential and what he brings to table but I'm not sure which group to put him in. 

17 minutes ago, Mike1989 said:

The team does lack a go to scoring option. If the front office believe that Young can be that guy then I can see us going for him. We can always make up for his defensive question marks by pairing him with someone that can handle the tough assignments.

It does make sense for us to add someone that can be our number one option, since we do have a number of possible second, third and fourth option caliber players at the minute. I guess we can score by committee and play high level defense but coming out of this draft with a scorer would be a step in the right direction.

With that said I would rank Ayton, Bagley, Doncic and Porter ahead of Young, though I would rank Young ahead of Jackson and Mikal Bridges. The wild card is Bamba, I like this potential and what he brings to table but I'm not sure which group to put him in. 

Yes, I can see Porter getting into the top 5 and even Top 3 but it will all depends on his work-outs. I see him currently #7 in their boards after Bagley(#6) with surprisingly Shai at #8.  I rather have JJJ and Porter over Bamba but I can see management having him at the top 5 position.