Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

20 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

My guys last year were DSJ, DSJ, DSJ, Tatum, Monk and Isaac in that order. I was afraid Isaac was too skinny and would be injury prone. I was 50% right on my picks working out. I was very high on DSJ because I didn't need another year to know that EP wouldn't shoot 3s or defend well.

If Ayton can learn to play D he has the potential of being a game changing dominating big.
If we ever climb out of the cellar we are going to need a big body to put on Embiid if we want to get past Philly in the playoffs.

Wendell Carter could be a surprise big. At 260 and growing he could be a monster. I think his numbers would have been a lot better had he not had so many other great players on his team.

I don't like Porter. My experience with every single person I know that had back surgery is that it is going to be a factor throughout his career. I don't see him being any better than Mario is right now. Good bench player but not worth a lottery pick. Besides if we are committing to Isaac and AG drafting one of the PFs would be stupid even if they are the BPA.

If Doncic lives up to expectations he could be what we all hoped Mario would be.

I like Young but like others I am concerned with his size. I think Sexton is more NBA ready. That being said I see our FO going after one of the 6'6 PGs, SGA or Shake Milton with a later pick.

All I know is that there is no sure pick and we DO need to get rid of Vuc somehow. We have to start having defense at the center position 

All good points. But I just dont see why people think sexton has a better ‘nba body’ than Young. They both have pretty much same height and weight. 

When it comes to SGA, he is listed at 6’6” with 185 pounds. Young is listed at 6’2” at the same weight.  How is SGA NBA ready over Young when he is skinnier? 

I think a PG at 6’2” is more than ok. Most of great PG’s in the league are 6’3 or below( kyrie, Westbrook, lillard, CP3, Dennis Smith Jr, Curry, among others) 

what young lacks is athleticism and quick speed which he can work in the NBA offseason. 

I am not really afraid in drafting Young. He is still young, he likely will grow more and surely will increase his weight and quickness once he gets into the NBA. 

What I like about him is his court vision and ability to score. He can also make others better. sexton and SGA can also do that but are not at the level of Young yet. 

Imagine Young playing next to that Kentucky lineup... 

7 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I am not really afraid in drafting Young. He is still young,

He will always be Young LOL. He just looks puny compared to other people. I think our FO likes the long and athletic type better than Young or Sexton but we shall see. Sexton may weigh the same as Young but he plays tough and aggressive on offense and also plays tough D compared to Young's almost zero D. Shake Milton is 6'6 210 which might even be more appealing. We also have Jevon Carter within reach of our 2nd round [picks at 6'2 205. I think (hope) that we end up picking a PG with one of our 3 picks. It doesn't have to be the best one, justa  good one.

45 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

All good points. But I just dont see why people think sexton has a better ‘nba body’ than Young. They both have pretty much same height and weight. 

When it comes to SGA, he is listed at 6’6” with 185 pounds. Young is listed at 6’2” at the same weight.  How is SGA NBA ready over Young when he is skinnier? 

I think a PG at 6’2” is more than ok. Most of great PG’s in the league are 6’3 or below( kyrie, Westbrook, lillard, CP3, Dennis Smith Jr, Curry, among others) 

what young lacks is athleticism and quick speed which he can work in the NBA offseason. 

I am not really afraid in drafting Young. He is still young, he likely will grow more and surely will increase his weight and quickness once he gets into the NBA. 

What I like about him is his court vision and ability to score. He can also make others better. sexton and SGA can also do that but are not at the level of Young yet. 

TRAE YOUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

55 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Height =/= Length

13 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Brunson and Carter both potential PGs for us late

Brunson's keeping them in the game while Bridges sits the half out in foul trouble.

OK so here's where we are at with the tankathon.

If we don't win another game we finish 3rd worst with 21 wins unless Phoenix or Memphis goes on a tear and beats the other tankers, then we finish 1st or 2nd.

If we beat Atlanta we finish 4th worst at worst

If we win 3 games we probably finish 5th at worst

If we win 5 games we probably finish tied for 6th at worst

Chicago (24) should beat us and then the Nets twice so potentially = 27 wins minimum

Sacramento (24) should beat Phoenix and Memphis so = 26 wins minimum

Phoenix (19) will finish 1st or 2nd worst they have us, Dallas, and Sac left. If we let them beat us = 20 wins 

Atlanta (21) only has us left in the bottom dwellers sweepstakes if they win = 22 wins minimum

Dallas (22) has us, Sac, and Phoenix and should beat us and Phoenix = 24 wins minimum

Memphis (19) only has Sac left so they shouldn't win another game = 19 wins minimum

Brooklyn (23) has us, Phoenix, Memphis, and Sac and should beat us all = 26 wins minimum

We are at 21 wins so if we lose the rest = 21

So here ya' go if we all tank it out:

Memphis 19

Phoenix 20

Magic 21

Atlanta 22

Dallas 24

Brooklyn 26

Chicago 27

If we were to beat Phoenix, Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, and Brooklyn

Phoenix 19

Memphis 20

Atlanta 21

Dallas 23

Brooklyn 25

Chicago 26

Magic 26

So there you go! We should finish between 3rd and tied for 6th worst so at least we have the security of knowing we should have a top 7 pick. Earlier I was thinking we'd win too many games and finish 7-9th. There is still the possibility that NY doesn't win another game which sticks them at 26 and moves us to 27 wins if we beat them and Phoenix, Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, and Brooklyn and picking 8th. I'd be OK with 3 meaningless wins and picking 5th but I hope that we go the other way and pick 3rd.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

OK so here's where we are at with the tankathon.

If we don't win another game we finish 3rd worst with 21 wins unless Phoenix or Memphis goes on a tear and beats the other tankers, then we finish 1st or 2nd.

If we beat Atlanta we finish 4th worst at worst

If we win 3 games we probably finish 5th at worst

If we win 5 games we probably finish tied for 6th at worst

Chicago (24) should beat us and then the Nets twice so potentially = 27 wins minimum

Sacramento (24) should beat Phoenix and Memphis so = 26 wins minimum

Phoenix (19) will finish 1st or 2nd worst they have us, Dallas, and Sac left. If we let them beat us = 20 wins 

Atlanta (21) only has us left in the bottom dwellers sweepstakes if they win = 22 wins minimum

Dallas (22) has us, Sac, and Phoenix and should beat us and Phoenix = 24 wins minimum

Memphis (19) only has Sac left so they shouldn't win another game = 19 wins minimum

Brooklyn (23) has us, Phoenix, Memphis, and Sac and should beat us all = 26 wins minimum

We are at 21 wins so if we lose the rest = 21

So here ya' go if we all tank it out:

Memphis 19

Phoenix 20

Magic 21

Atlanta 22

Dallas 24

Brooklyn 26

Chicago 27

If we were to beat Phoenix, Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, and Brooklyn

Memphis 19

Phoenix 19

Atlanta 21

Dallas 23

Brooklyn 25

Chicago 26

Magic 26

So there you go! We should finish between 3rd and tied for 6th worst so at least we have the security of knowing we should have a top 7 pick. Earlier I was thinking we'd win too many games and finish 7-9th. There is still the possibility that NY doesn't win another game which sticks them at 26 and moves us to 27 wins if we beat them and Phoenix, Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, and Brooklyn and picking 8th. I'd be OK with 3 meaningless wins and picking 5th but I hope that we go the other way and pick 3rd.

This has to be the single most meaningful, thoughtful, and researched post I've read this year. I am genuinely thankful for your mind and time in authoring this post. I really really appreciate it man! +1,000