Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Porter definitely looked like a dude coming off a concerning back injury.  Love Sexton's tenacity. 

19 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

They weigh it based on team need based on their list. So our drafts go 

Doncic

Ayton 

Young

Porter

JJJ

Bamba

Then presumably bagley

Tankathon a great site to see the future possibilities.  Obvious biggest need is PG followed by center but I still hope, when we draft, we draft the best player no matter what the need,  Top 7 seem pretty set and all look like players who can help us get better.  Draft position and Individual workouts will help determine who we draft.  I can see Bagley and Porter turning eyes in workouts.  I also saw in Tankathon they have Sexton at #12 to Philly.  If we don't get a PG with our first pick and Sexton is there at 12 for Philly, we should aggressively try to trade up!  That is what I want to see!

58 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Tankathon a great site to see the future possibilities.  Obvious biggest need is PG followed by center but I still hope, when we draft, we draft the best player no matter what the need,  Top 7 seem pretty set and all look like players who can help us get better.  Draft position and Individual workouts will help determine who we draft.  I can see Bagley and Porter turning eyes in workouts.  I also saw in Tankathon they have Sexton at #12 to Philly.  If we don't get a PG with our first pick and Sexton is there at 12 for Philly, we should aggressively try to trade up!  That is what I want to see!

I am firmly against trading up to Philly's pick to draft a floppy haired PG known for defensive tenacity and suspect shooting. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

I am firmly against trading up to Philly's pick to draft a floppy haired PG known for defensive tenacity and suspect shooting. 

NO MORE suspect shooting PGs! I would rather trade for a later pick and grab someone like 6'6 Shake Milton if he works out for us well.

8 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

If we had drafted DSJ it would be so much easier to pick a guy like Mikal Bridges. 

I'm all about taking the best player available regardless of position. That also opens up spontaneous draft day trades.

Isaac's defensive capability as a rookie has largely stifled any DSJ what-ifs in my head, though DSJ has never been a big "miss" to me.  I think if Isaac stays healthy and bulks up a bit he is going to be an absolute monster.

1 hour ago, jec said:

I'm all about taking the best player available regardless of position. That also opens up spontaneous draft day trades.

I agree with that philosophy and this roster could be completely different next fall. It's more adding another Robin to a team with no Batman that worries me. It's a similar concern for guys like JJJ, Bamba but at least you can talk yourself into how young they are and how they have some potential that they will probably never reach. 

I just really like Bridges and would love to see him next to a guy who he can feed off of, and that guy isn't currently on our team.