Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

14 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Ayton and maybe Bagley are the only 7 footers who are potentially franchise altering and I'm doubtful we'll be in position to get either. Moreover, I'm not so sure why you're fine with cutting into Gordon's time over Payton when Gordon's clearly the vastly better player.

If AG could adequately do what Payton's role requires then I would be happy to transfer minutes.  The reality of the situation does not allow that though.  I'm as up in arms about Payton's nebulous play as anyone.  What I said has nothing to do with Payton.  AG might be a better player than Payton, but that means nothing towards the point, and certainly shows that you glossed over the original point anyway.

The top 7 ish prospects (outside of Doncic) are all around 7 feet.  Have your pick, they will all likely contribute more in a timely manner than any point guard in this draft.  Again, more to the point than what you choose to make of it.  

44 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Oh dear..

Almost as enlightening as your videos! Really though, I appreciate your dynamic and contributions to the forum. 

Just now, Bauncey Chillups said:

*literally spends a paragraph talking about Payton*

"What I said has nothing to do with Payton!"

lol

Maybe Payton is like Kevin Durant and has burner accounts on social media

11 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

*literally spends a paragraph talking about Payton*

"What I said has nothing to do with Payton!"

lol

Your reading comprehension never ceases to impress.  Sure, there was a bit about his improvement-the point of the comment was summarized nicely before and after that though.  

Further, the mention of Payton was only to underscore the message.  The message in of itself is completely separate from Payton as a player on our team.  

8 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Maybe Payton is like Kevin Durant and has burner accounts on social media

Youre going down a difficult path.  

4 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

so who thinks the bigs in the draft are more ready to contribute than Sexton and Young and why?

It takes more time for a point guard to make the impact that a talented athletic 7 footer can make.  This is evident every year, every draft.  The counter argument revolves around mentioning generational point guards like Chris Paul and his ability to immediately contribute and applying with a broad brush to the litany of other point guards that are still working things out.  Sexton/Young could very well end up better than anyone else in this draft, it will take time though.  

17 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

It takes more time for a point guard to make the impact that a talented athletic 7 footer can make.  This is evident every year, every draft.  The counter argument revolves around mentioning generational point guards like Chris Paul and his ability to immediately contribute and applying with a broad brush to the litany of other point guards that are still working things out.  Sexton/Young could very well end up better than anyone else in this draft, it will take time though.  

agreed and good points, and time seems to be on our rebuilds side.   

Porter Jr. do we take him if he looks healthy? 

Porter Jr. AG and Isaac would be a long athletic front court. BUT if Isaac can't play 5 and is a 3, could the 6'10" porter play 2 guard? are all three players best suited at the 4? I think that's a very interesting question

8 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Porter Jr. do we take him if he looks healthy? 

Porter Jr. AG and Isaac would be a long athletic front court. BUT if Isaac can't play 5 and is a 3, could the 6'10" porter play 2 guard? are all three players best suited at the 4? I think that's a very interesting question

I'm taking a point guard even if we have the 1st pick