Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

8 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Your optimistism about how good This team is and the coach is, knows no bounds. 

It's not really how good we are, it's how bad some other teams are and also some teams are intentionally tanking. Unless we tank (which we won't) we will probably end up with the 7-9th pick. I would be thrilled for that not to be the case! If were the GM when we were tied for the worst record I would have told Vogel that I don't want to win another game. Ayton or Doncic would quickly turn this team around.

4 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Your optimistism about how good This team is and the coach is, knows no bounds. 

Today i learned that thinking a team has a pretty good chance to finish outside the top 5 while that team is in a 4 way tie  for 4th is boundless optimism. 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Do u think we are that good? Have you been watching this team?  If we aren’t in the top five I will be shocked. 

Oh I'm in no position to speculate on how 'good we are'. I took the posters question as a hypothetical question meant to be taken in a general void. 

4 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Oh I'm in no position to speculate on how 'good we are'. I took the posters question as a hypothetical question meant to be taken in a general void. 

You forgot in an alternate universe also. Lol

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Today i learned that thinking a team has a pretty good chance to finish outside the top 5 while that team is in a 4 way tie  for 4th is boundless optimism. 

At least you learned that. Rolls eyes

I just don't think there's a substantive difference between a 24 win team and a 27 win team.  The difference between the two might be a good week for Mario or Simmons.  But that also might be the difference between 3 and 8 in the lottery.  Margins are thin.  

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I just don't think there's a substantive difference between a 24 win team and a 27 win team.  The difference between the two might be a good week for Mario or Simmons.  But that also might be the difference between 3 and 8 in the lottery.  Margins are thin.  

And the difference between getting a guy that is pretty close to NBA ready or a 3 year project. We need to play Vuc for entire games until we get some space.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Win totals only count for so much. The best teams are determined in the playoffs. Maybe if we had a playoff for all of the teams that didn't make the actual playoffs to determine who the worst was... 

35 minutes ago, jec said:

Win totals only count for so much. The best teams are determined in the playoffs. Maybe if we had a playoff for all of the teams that didn't make the actual playoffs to determine who the worst was... 

and have them pick in reverse order!

That weasel Silver loves this.  More drama at the bottom  than the top.  He is enabling tanking with his fines and letters to owners.  Love the opinions on this board since they cover all scenario's and yes we are off the rail!!!  The great thing is we love the Magic and want then to succeed.  Me personally am I for tanking this year only.  If healthy next year and we add Doncic or Ayton order your playoff tickets!!!

18 hours ago, Tank Vogel said:

What is the highest spot would you trade for the following:

11 and 17 from PHI

12 and 14 from LAC

15 and 16 from PHX

8 only  for  11 and 17, 9 only  for 12 and 14 and 10 or 11 for 15 and 16