Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

7 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Loving these Zaire smith highlights. Where is he projected to go? Would he be someone available in the second?

Late lotto

59 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Loving these Zaire smith highlights. Where is he projected to go? Would he be someone available in the second?

He will be available at the second round. I am not sure if he will declare for the draf tho. He is in the same boat as Grayson Allen when it comes to draft position. Some Mock drafts have him going late lotto or mid first round and others have him in the second round. 

42 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

He will be available at the second round. I am not sure if he will declare for the draf tho. He is in the same boat as Grayson Allen when it comes to draft position. Some Mock drafts have him going late lotto or mid first round and others have him in the second round. 

I would definitely take a swing on him in the 2nd or late first but there are guys in the mid first I like better right now. It would probably be smarter for him to wait another year though

9 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I would definitely take a swing on him in the 2nd or late first but there are guys in the mid first I like better right now. It would probably be smarter for him to wait another year though

I agree. He will likely be a top 10 next year for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Who are comps for Mikal Bridges?

Floor?

Ceiling?

Khris Middleton is a reasonable/ optimistic career expectation

23 hours ago, Skip to my Jameer 114 said:

Nah, I knew it wasn’t you. Really just not a fan of Trae

We may not have to worry.  Tankathon simulator  has us at 7 currently and has Brooklyn (Cleveland of all teams) one pick ahead of us and Cleveland takes Trae Young.  While his stats have decreased in the last few weeks he still has unbelievable range, leads the nations in assists (multiple double digit assist games), gets to the free throw line often (multiple double digit FT made games) and shoots FT at an 85% clip.  His stats this year pretty similar to S. Curry's stats his senior year.  His one weakness, and my reservation, is his height and how that is impacted defensively.  But we already had a PG who was good in college defensively and a work in progress offensively which failed.  I want a skilled offensive player first who already knows how to shoot, who will make FT at a 85-90% range, who already can shoot threes, who can penetrate and will fix our god awful PG situation forever.  For PG Doncic would be my first choice and Young 2nd since he fits my criteria.  Only other players I want in place ot them is Ayton (I would take above Young but not Doncic) or Bamba (individual workouts would make this choice Young or Bamba) since center is the other position of most need.   But since we are winning our way out of a good draft pick we may have to settle for who is left.

14 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

We may not have to worry.  Tankathon simulator  has us at 7 currently and has Brooklyn (Cleveland of all teams) one pick ahead of us and Cleveland takes Trae Young.  While his stats have decreased in the last few weeks he still has unbelievable range, leads the nations in assists (multiple double digit assist games), gets to the free throw line often (multiple double digit FT made games) and shoots FT at an 85% clip.  His stats this year pretty similar to S. Curry's stats his senior year.  His one weakness, and my reservation, is his height and how that is impacted defensively.  But we already had a PG who was good in college defensively and a work in progress offensively which failed.  I want a skilled offensive player first who already knows how to shoot, who will make FT at a 85-90% range, who already can shoot threes, who can penetrate and will fix our god awful PG situation forever.  For PG Doncic would be my first choice and Young 2nd since he fits my criteria.  Only other players I want in place ot them is Ayton (I would take above Young but not Doncic) or Bamba (individual workouts would make this choice Young or Bamba) since center is the other position of most need.   But since we are winning our way out of a good draft pick we may have to settle for who is left.

I dont think cleveland will go with a PG. their biggest need is in the paint. I see them getting either Bamba, Bagley or Robinson. 

Young doesnt fit that roster well if Lebron stays. Lebron needs the ball on all possessions. 

I agree with you on the Magic needs. But, just like you, I will select Ayton and Doncic above Young but I will also add JJJ as well. 

Bamba is the other true center and will be a last minute decision like you said. 

I have Young, Bamba, Porter in the same position. Positioning  will depend on their respective workouts.  

In regards to Porter, we will see how he performs in the next few games. He can easely move back to the top 3. 

I have us selecting Young at 7.

22 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

I dont think cleveland will go with a PG. their biggest need is in the paint. I see them getting either Bamba, Bagley or Robinson. 

Young doesnt fit that roster well if Lebron stays. Lebron needs the ball on all possessions. 

I agree with you on the Magic needs. But, just like you, I will select Ayton and Doncic above Young but I will also add JJJ as well. 

Bamba is the other true center and will be a last minute decision like you said. 

I have Young, Bamba, Porter in the same position. Positioning  will depend on their respective workouts.  

In regards to Porter, we will see how he performs in the next few games. He can easely move back to the top 3. 

I have us selecting Young at 7.

If this is how the draft plays out, I would try and trade the 7th pick to Boston for Rozier instead of picking Young.

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

If this is how the draft plays out, I would try and trade the 7th pick to Boston for Rozier instead of picking Young.

wow wow wow wow wow!

You're on the Magic board bro, no one sided trades

smh