Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Yeah its still a little early to be playing this game, but its the most excitement we have going right now.  I think there are probably really only 7 teams tanking.  Chicago and NY will win enough to separate out a little.  Brooklyn is bad, but they have all the incentive to win.  They play enough bad teams where they can take themselves out of the equation quick.  PHX has a really tough schedule, so they'll be there for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if they go on a 3 game win streak toward the end and keep it competitive.  ATL and SAC are the teams to watch imo.  

11 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

Yeah its still a little early to be playing this game, but its the most excitement we have going right now.  I think there are probably really only 7 teams tanking.  Chicago and NY will win enough to separate out a little.  Brooklyn is bad, but they have all the incentive to win.  They play enough bad teams where they can take themselves out of the equation quick.  PHX has a really tough schedule, so they'll be there for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if they go on a 3 game win streak toward the end and keep it competitive.  ATL and SAC are the teams to watch imo.  

I'm not sure how good the Knicks will be the rest of the way. They are apparently going to bench Jarrett Jack for Mudiay and it wouldn't surprise me if they start to prioritise minutes for their younger players rather than their veterans like Jack, Lee, Beasley and co. Plus when they blow a 20+ point lead in less than a quarter against the Wizards, which is something like their fourth of the season, then I think they won't win many of their remaining games.

I do agree about Chicago. They have incentive to try and win and let their young core of Dunn, Lavine and Markkanen learn how to win. Perhaps they do it to appeal to free agents this summer? Then again, I think they to have decided to bench their veterans for young talent post all star break. That could see them lose a fair amount of their remaining games unless their youth get it done.

It's going to be tough and competitive for the rest of this season as these teams lobby for lottery odds. 

2 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I don't think Young's floor is as low as most think. I can't see him being worse than Lonzo Ball, who should become a good PG

I could easily see him being Napier.  Lonzo has a better nba body.  Trae is built like a figure skater

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I could easily see him being Napier.  Lonzo has a better nba body.  Trae is built like a figure skater

That is true. I think Young is also way shorter than 6'2'' but I still have high hopes for his game

12 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Jimmer was a senior, Traes a freshman, what were Jimmers assist numbers, cause that's arguably Traes best offensive team skill seeing as he leads the nation as a freshman.