Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

59 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

If we take any of those guys over trae I'm going to be ill. Especially porter or the next great euro( threw up in my mouth a little) doncic. 

Yeah as much as people wanna talk about phenom, there's little more phenomenal than leading the NCAA in scoring and assists as a freshman. 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

If we take any of those guys over trae I'm going to be ill. Especially porter or the next great euro( threw up in my mouth a little) doncic. 

I agree on Trae, but don't sleep on Doncic. Dude is not Mario. He's actually putting up numbers right now, is leading the best team in his league. Doncic is a beast.

9 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I was waiting for the xenophobia to show up

41 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Tell me how many great European players that deserved to be a #1 pick have their ever been? Even top five?  Xenophobic schmenophobic. 

Dirk. Giannis. Manu. Porzingis.  Rudy gobert. Marc gasol. Jokic. 

Also mutombo, yao, pau.

Others if we counted euros who played college

18 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Dirk. Giannis. Manu. Porzingis.  Rudy gobert. Marc gasol. Jokic. 

Also mutombo, yao, pau.

Others if we counted euros who played college

I'm talking strictly have done nothing but played in Europe. So that's not really a big list if you consider that's roughly 125 picks in the last 25 years. So the chances for doncic are great to be that next big thing. But trae, if he keeps playing the way he is, has a better shot at it. Imho. 

Officially on draft mode focus now.  Should get a top 5 pick, at least hopefully, and will add another great player to the mix.  Debate for that pick will pick up when we know our position.  i think it will be hard to pass on Mo Bamba and thanks to whoever put that dunk on this site.  Unfortunately does not solve our PG issue.  Would be nice to trade for another mid-lottery pick (i.e. Cleveland's Brooklyn pick or Celtic's Lakers pick).  But what I really lament is the moves/lack of patience our previous front offices's have displayed.  Last  night Oladipo had 38 points (10 of 10 FT), S. Napier had 21 points (4-7 Three pointers), M Harklesss had 22 points (2-3 Three pointers).  And K. Kuzma (who the Lakers traded for??), who we could have got at pick 25 this year, is called a lottery pick by Durant.  Seems former Magic players/missed draft picks litter other rosters all across the NBA.  I hope this FO can make the right moves and have patience with the right players.  Not easy to rebuild, especially when so many bad decisions occur.  

26 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I'm talking strictly have done nothing but played in Europe. So that's not really a big list if you consider that's roughly 125 picks in the last 25 years. So the chances for doncic are great to be that next big thing. But trae, if he keeps playing the way he is, has a better shot at it. Imho. 

Doncic is the best player on the best team in the second best professional league in the world. At 18. He's an outlier performer 

12 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

mock update boom!!!

20171223_224054.png

If we get Trae Young or Sexton I will totally forgive "them" for not taking DSJ. If we pass on a PG again for some long fragile skinny dude that plays a position we don't really need I think I'll retire from being a Magic fan.

• Like 1