Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

16 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Maybe.

When I watch him, I just don't see anything that says he should be considered over Trae or even Sexton.

I believe it's all a smokescreen though.

Sweet take. 

You really did a good job of going into detail as to why he shouldn’t be considered of Young or Sexton. 

With explanations like that I’m once again left shocked you aren’t working in an NBA front office. 

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's not

It is something I heard  awhile back as well but I dont think it came from the magic. I heard magic denied it. Not sure it was accurate info then but now I think it was possible. 

Magic is considering a lot of options going either up and down. I honestly  think we are not picking at 6. 

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Nothing like essentially calling another member stupid. I expect it from you though. 

If you’re so great at evaluating talent than why are you posting about it on a forum? Seems like nba front offices should be lining up trying to obtain your services. 

If anyone can’t see something it’s you. The person who doesn’t know anything about Shai but says it’s a bad pick. Only because mock drafts didn’t spell it out easyily enough for you the past 3 months. 

That's not what ignorance means

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He's one of those guys who plays smooth though so it looks like he's not doing much. And the first portion of the season when he wasn't starting kind of tanks his metrics. But after feeling similarly about Tatum last year for the same reasons I've kind of tweaked my thought process on those types of guys. He might be the "Tatum" if this draft

I see that. Tatum was smooth but still had quite an offensive arsenal. I don't see it with SGA. I rather go after Sexton.

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

That's not what ignorance means

“Some can see things others cant” 

Nice not so indirect way of trying to insult someones intelligence. 

6 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Nothing like essentially calling another member stupid. I expect it from you though. 

If you’re so great at evaluating talent than why are you posting about it on a forum? Seems like nba front offices should be lining up trying to obtain your services. 

If anyone can’t see something it’s you. The person who doesn’t know anything about Shai but says it’s a bad pick. Only because mock drafts didn’t spell it out easyily enough for you the past 3 months. 

I didn't call you stupid.

Its not my field. I'm into strength and conditioning.

All I'm going to say is go look at the guys I've said I wanted/not wanted in the past. I'm not 100% accurate but I've been a lot more accurate than not.

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

“Some can see things others cant” 

Nice not so indirect way of trying to insult someones intelligence. 

My kid is blind as bat. She's smarter than I was at her age. Has nothing to do with the sort of  intelligence you're referring to.

It was not an insult.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

I see that. Tatum was smooth but still had quite an offensive arsenal. I don't see it with SGA. I rather go after Sexton.

We are not getting sexton nor SGA at #6. No reason. We might go with either of them IF and only IF we move down.  

I will be with either depending on where we are selecting. 

I will not be happy if we pass on JJJ, Bamba, Young or Carter for SGA or even Sexton. This is just my opinion. 

Just now, Magicman28 said:

I didn't call you stupid.

Its not my field. I'm into strength and conditioning.

All I'm going to say is go look at the guys I've said I wanted/not wanted in the past. I'm not 100% accurate but I've been a lot more accurate than not.

Dude you’re totally great at this. You’re completely right. Idk why we don’t just differ to you more often on here. With your strength and conditioning background you should totally have all the answers. 

Down to the wire thoughts:

Regardless of who we take in round 1 we need to take a PG in round 2.

I really like SGA but I can't see management taking him at 6. Last year they observed the results of having a PG that doesn't shoot many 3s so I would have to think they want to change that up a bit. 

If we take Young we will also draft a second PG in round 2 for insurance in case he's a bust. Young/Carter or Young/Brunson would not be a bad choice.

I think Sexton is going to be a beast. His will to win and his effort are something we haven't seen form a PG on the Magic since Armstrong. I would not feel terrible iof we draft him at 6.

If JJJ or Bamba is there at 6 we have to take one of them and still get our PG in round 2. If we take a PG in round 1 there are not many bigs in round 2.

The dream of trading up for Doncic is real, unfortunately it's real for other teams too.

Trading 6 for 12 & 13 doubles our chance of getting lucky and getting a great player.

We can't take the risk of taking MPJ. He may be a great player but his back may limit how many games he plays each year. We need to draft a starter.

Speaking of starters, Carter is not glamorous but he is a solid bet.

Vuc has no value around the league. We'll be lucky to get whatever we can just to be rid of him. We may have to settle for a 2nd and a pack of gum. If we don't trade him before the season starts hopefully Clifford will bring him off the bench.

So many options out there and we all have to have faith that management knows what they are doing. 

How many of you would trade Isaac and next year's top 3 protected pick for Doncic and still keep 6?

Unless u have a working crystal ball, none of knows who’s gonna be the best pick. It’s all opinion and we shouldn’t be putting other people’s opinions down because it’s doesnt jive with your own. We all want the magic to be relevant again. I hope after tonight we will be on that path. Go Magic!!!!

#drafttrae