Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I agree due to his offense.  5 guys on NBA TV last night were much higher on Trae (David Aldridge, David Griffin, Stu Jackson, Andy Katz) than I anticipated and were pretty objective.  Had him going to Chicago at 7.  They thought he needed a good mentor on defense but  would be OK.  Very glowing about his offense.

How could you not like his offense. The release of Steph the vision and passing of Nash and the handles of Ai.

Ok that was my Catalina moment for y’all 

1 minute ago, Originalticketholder said:

I agree due to his offense.  5 guys on NBA TV last night were much higher on Trae (David Aldridge, David Griffin, Stu Jackson, Andy Katz) than I anticipated and were pretty objective.  Had him going to Chicago at 7.  They thought he needed a good mentor on defense but  would be OK.  Very glowing about his offense.

I don't know how you could be anything but glowing about Trae's offense, unless you're really that concerned about his TOs (you shouldn't be; he was a freshman asked to maintain a 35+ Usage Rate). He's probably never going to be super efficient, but offensively he's got everything you want from a PG. the question is whether he can be good enough defensively so that his offense can make him valuable as a starter. There's reason to believe it can't be, but that's possibly unfair. We'll see.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

The reporting says there are mixed reports out of Orlando. Don’t trust the news about who we like at 6. They aren’t letting anything out. The only intel that could be legit is if it’s about a trade since other front offices are involved.