Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

He had 1 good spike year that was more of an outlier. 

He never could defend. Was an average passer. Average driver. He was a solid PG but a better teammate and leader than actual player. His stats are completely underwhelming for as good of teams he played on. People don’t wanna hear this but the reason we didn’t win a title was because of Jameer. We were never winning a title with him. 

Also this is *****ing laughable. Look at his 2010 playoff stats. He was great. Led the team in scoring. 

Just now, ML6 said:

I respect your opinion and can see how people would agree with most of what you said up until the last two sentences.  The argument about him contributing to our title loss or that he couldn't get us over the hump is farcical and improvable.

Why did everyone want Chris Paul so bad? Jameer was a completely average starting PG. the rest of that team was stacked. He was the issue. I know he’s completely loved in Orlando as he should be he’s a great guy and teammate but the reality is he was an average PG. 

Just now, ML6 said:

I respect your opinion and can see how people would agree with most of what you said up until the last two sentences.  The argument about him contributing to our title loss or that he couldn't get us over the hump is farcical and improvable.

Why did everyone want Chris Paul so bad? Jameer was a completely average starting PG. the rest of that team was stacked. He was the issue. I know he’s completely loved in Orlando as he should be he’s a great guy and teammate but the reality is he was an average PG. 

Because Chris Paul was an MVP candidate level player and jameer was just pretty good. 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

If we had prime Dan Majerle (a good player) and had a chance to trade for Michael Jordan, people should be pretty pumped about the chance to trade for Jordan.  Not an indictment on Majerle.

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Because Chris Paul was an MVP candidate level player and jameer was just pretty good. 

“Pretty good” was still the weak link on that team. 

Has anyone actually looked at Jameer stats? I actually just did and not even kidding I thought they were better. I thought the year he made the all star team he averaged over 19. It was only 16. 

“Pretty good” was still the weak link on that team. 

Has anyone actually looked at Jameer stats? I actually just did and not even kidding I thought they were better. I thought the year he made the all star team he averaged over 19. It was only 16. 

That's not a bad thing. He was a borderline all Star. That's great. I'd kill for a borderline all star point guard now.

Yeah, bad defensive Jameer is always overstated. He was below average defensively, but not awful. And from '05 to '12, his prime, he was very good offensively. Solid efficiency, very efficient passer (he was always an underrated passer, because Stan ran a system that is more like today's systems, where no one player dominated the ball). No real holes in his game. We could have won a title with him, if some things had gone differently. I still think we might have if we hadn't blown it up because some guys got the flu.

Just now, ?4thewin said:

That's not a bad thing. He was a borderline all Star. That's great. I'd kill for a borderline all star point guard now.

Borderline at that time. His numbers now wouldn’t have him remotely in all star talk.

But I’ll get back to the draft here. We can make a  Jameer Nelson overrated thread another time lol

I had trouble falling asleep lastnight with dreams of Doncic. I’m breaking my number 1 rule of “don’t believe any rumors 48 hours or less before the draft”. 

Latest DX:

SGA

Graham

Diallo

Teams are getting mixed signals from the Magic about their intentions here. Some sources around the league say they are picking between guards Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Trae Young and Collin Sexton, while others feel like this will be more of a best-player-available situation, with Bamba and Carter strongly in the mix.

Gilgeous-Alexander is picking up steam late, despite the fact that he hasn't conducted a workout with any team outside of his agency's pro day. His size, length and versatility could be very attractive this high. His offense made significant strides as the season went on, and NBA teams feel he's only starting to scratch the surface on his potential.