Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

If Doncic is gone and we still trade for 3, we take Jaron Jackson Jr.

I don't think we will trade for 3 to get JJJ. Nor do I think we should. This is a two stars draft, at this point (obviously we don't know how it will turn out in the end). I think the distance from JJJ to Carter as prospects, respectively, is not enough to trade up. JJJ could end up a much better player than Carter, true. But Carter is a safer bet to be a two-way player who does a bit of everything, so there's not as much of a leap from Carter to JJJ. Carter to Doncic is a different story. Doncic has Carter's safeness and JJJ's upside. He's just a better prospect than JJJ.

2 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I don't think we will trade for 3 to get JJJ. Nor do I think we should. This is a two stars draft, at this point (obviously we don't know how it will turn out in the end). I think the distance from JJJ to Carter as prospects, respectively, is not enough to trade up. JJJ could end up a much better player than Carter, true. But Carter is a safer bet to be a two-way player who does a bit of everything, so there's not as much of a leap from Carter to JJJ. Carter to Doncic is a different story. Doncic has Carter's safeness and JJJ's upside. He's just a better prospect than JJJ.

I think it all depends on the cost of 3. I’m hearing several guys in the know are starting to see the top tier as Ayton, Doncic, JJJ with a pretty significant drop-off starting at 4

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

I think it all depends on the cost of 3. I’m hearing several guys in the know are starting to see the top tier as Ayton, Doncic, JJJ with a pretty significant drop-off starting at 4

Sure. Of course. If all it takes to get down to 3 is 6 and the OKC pick I might do it for Jackson. OKC pick isn't worth much. But 6 and our pick next year, even protected, I wouldn't do for anyone but Doncic or Ayton. I like JJJ; but lack of production means something, even if it doesn't mean everything.

23 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Just woke up. Went a bit mental. Then saw that Kings probably take Luka at 2... Why can't we have nice things?

I feel that if Randadive really wanted Doncic that badly they would have been linked instantly.  This has just come out recently.  This might be how Sac can ascertain value of 2nd pick before they make their selection.  You never know what desperate team might offer.  

Seriously salivating over the thought of Luka. I know I'm going to be dissapointed. I think Luka can realistically be prime Hedo at a minimum but he kind of reminds me of Joe Johnson with better passing (and slightly worse athleticism), Johnson wasn't a super explosive blow by ball handler but he got his points catch and shooting, coming off screens, shooting jumpers out of pick and roll, taking smaller guys into the post and making tough iso jump shots - all things Doncic does (or has the potential to do) very well.

...Or depending on how jedi mind trick worthy you think the Hawks are: they might have planted that rumor so another team Interested in Doncic will up their offer in order for them to trade down like rumored.  

34 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Seriously salivating over the thought of Luka. I know I'm going to be dissapointed. I think Luka can realistically be prime Hedo at a minimum but he kind of reminds me of Joe Johnson with better passing (and slightly worse athleticism), Johnson wasn't a super explosive blow by ball handler but he got his points catch and shooting, coming off screens, shooting jumpers out of pick and roll, taking smaller guys into the post and making tough iso jump shots - all things Doncic does (or has the potential to do) very well.

I hope we get it done. I didn't realize he's about 230lbs which is impressive with his skillset. I like the Hedo comp too, a better scoring version w/o gameday pizzas. Maybe a Ben Simmons lite, worse athletically, slightly smaller but more polished offensively. 

Fournier, #6, OKC pick and future 1st for Schroder and #3 to draft Doncic.

You do it?

I do in a heartbeat if Kings don't draft Doncic.