Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

16 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Seriously, sometimes family sucks. I love my wife and kids, but somehow I got roped into Jurassic World at 8 PM tomorrow night...

What time will the picks actually start?

I'd rather get divorced lol... No way your going to be able to enjoy the movie, I bought my tix for Friday night 

14 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Seriously, sometimes family sucks. I love my wife and kids, but somehow I got roped into Jurassic World at 8 PM tomorrow night...

What time will the picks actually start?

7 pm but tell your wife that watching the draft is more important than the movie since the draft will only happen once while the movie is available anytime 

Just now, KRISH10 said:

I'd rather get divorced lol... No way your going to be able to enjoy the movie, I bought my tif for Friday night 

LOL! I probably wouldn't enjoy the movie anyway, but yeah.

Just now, MagicFan1234 said:

7 pm but tell your wife that watching the draft is more important than the movie since the draft will only happen once while the movie is available anytime 

If picks actually start at 7, that's great. Should be able to watch our #6 (please actually be #3!!!) pick before the movie starts.

As for telling my wife that: other times, I probably would have. But sometimes, as a father and a man, you just have to do the family thing. It's just been a while since I've made one of those little sacrifices of what I want, and that's what marriage is about, you know. The good thing is I know my wife doesn't take that for granted, and neither do my kids. The wife appreciates stuff like that, sees that I put family before myself. That's important to a relationship. As for the kids, they get to see how a father should act. They know I'd rather watch sports, and when I choose them instead it shows them that they're more important than my preferences. For them, going to Jurassic World on opening night is a big deal, one that only happens once ever. I don't need to hear all the pundits talk, chat with you all here about it, and all that jazz. I'd like to, but really I just want to know who the pick is. Hopefully it comes in before the previews are over; otherwise I have to wait 2 hours longer than everyone else to hear who we drafted.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Justin Jaudon said:

All that said, I really wish that damn movie were coming out next week.

No doubt. The draft won't change if you watch it..... Family time is definately more important.

2 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

All that said, I really wish that damn movie were coming out next week.

You'll love the movie, I saw it last week. Unless we trade up it will be more exciting than the draft anyway LOL

Good article on doncic and what other euro players think of him 

https://hoopshype.com/2018/06/20/luka-doncic-nba-draft-rumors-winner-larkin-dorell-jackson-upside/

Shane Larkin: “From playing against him overseas, I’ve seen that he has all the skills he needs. He can shoot it, pass it, dribble it. He has a point forward vibe to his game. That alone, I think, will make him good in the NBA. The league is transitioning toward players who can do it all at every position. And he’s definitely one of those players who I can see playing point guard through power forward, switching and creating match-up nightmares.”

Just now, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

You'll love the movie, I saw it last week. Unless we trade up it will be more exciting than the draft anyway LOL

I doubt it. Hated the last one, though I get why my kids liked it. It was a big popcorn movie with dinosaurs and Chris Pratt being funny. But it was also a remarkably stupid plot. If they wanted a good movie they would have made it about the British assistant who was watching the kids, rather than the neglectful idiot whose fault it all was and the somehow thinner Owen/Pratt character. But a guy leading raptors on a motorcycle through a jungle looks cool, so...

10 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Good article on doncic and what other euro players think of him 

https://hoopshype.com/2018/06/20/luka-doncic-nba-draft-rumors-winner-larkin-dorell-jackson-upside/

Shane Larkin: “From playing against him overseas, I’ve seen that he has all the skills he needs. He can shoot it, pass it, dribble it. He has a point forward vibe to his game. That alone, I think, will make him good in the NBA. The league is transitioning toward players who can do it all at every position. And he’s definitely one of those players who I can see playing point guard through power forward, switching and creating match-up nightmares.”

I am still not convinced, I doubt any player that played against him will say he is going to be a big bust to make Luka look bad

1 hour ago, KRISH10 said:

If we trade for the 3rd pick what's the chances we get Schroeder and take Bamba at the 3rd pick?

If Doncic is gone and we still trade for 3, we take Jaron Jackson Jr.