Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

BTW I'm thinking of locking this early tomorrow morning and starting a draft day specific topic so everyone knows where to start to catch up. What do you think?

Yea. Just make a “draft day” thread. 

I really want our management to be aggressive tomorrow. My dream scenario is to draft two first rounders and bounce Vooch. #fingerscrossed

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Odin said:

The way a lot of you talk about it, he is almost guaranteed to become a star. If he was that likely to become a superstar, he wouldn't be available in the middle of the lottery.

yes you have to take that risk like with curry and lillard so maybe we've learned something

47 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Davis is one of three MVP candidates this year lol. He's been an all star 5 of his 6 career years. He's made an all NBA team 3 times and all defensive team e times and is probably going to be DPOY. What are you talking about?

Jesus people can't read. Since our very own Dwight Howard, traditional big men have had a hard time even getting their teams to the playoffs. Please dispute this statement.

7 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Who do you want?

Its tough. All the players I have become interested in have found their way into likely top 5 spots.

Dreams: Doncic, JJJ

Possible?: Bamba

Then Carter maybe? I honestly, probably wouldn't be upset with Trae here if Doncic, JJJ, or Bamba are all gone. I am just not going to be pegging him to be some sort of super-star, can't fail, type player.

I just feel the gap in talent between the players likely to go in the lotto after 5 aren't that far apart. That is why I'd love a trade down for the Clipper picks if available.

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

BTW I'm thinking of locking this early tomorrow morning and starting a draft day specific topic so everyone knows where to start to catch up. What do you think?

yes no one wants 504 pages of quotes of how wrong they were, mainly me 

Just now, Magicfan1987 said:

yes no one wants 504 pages of quotes of how wrong they were, mainly me 

Don't worry. I will still search through this thread to bring up how wrong you were if necessary.

32 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I feel like so much of draft analysis is hyper focused on one specific criteria as a template for value when it's really just every bit of data focused through the lens of context. 

So many analytic guys are being incredibly condescending about Ayton as if you couldn't imagine a giant who moves the way he moves with his level of production being an incredible NBA player. 

Same deal with Jackson and the "production" guys. 

"Sexton had a crappy BPM". Cool. So did Jaylen Brown, Kawhi, Beal, Lillard, Brandon Ingram, Middleton. 

yeah there's always something to gripe about

18 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

If that happens then say bye to Kanter but Porzingis and Bamba together is really scary! 

They probably take Young there