Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

You need to lay off the caffeine or something. You’re all hyped up today. Your Young takes are getting worse and worse. 

he's the best shooter the best passer and has the best handles in the draft. three elite skills. that's not a bad take.

saying he would help all of our players play better in their roles and believing Clifford could get the most out of him isn't a bad take either. 

53 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Davis is the poster child, i personally think he was the surest draft pick since Lebron. What has he achieved in NO? In his defense since he came into the league he has had bad management plus horrible luck. When i watch the playoffs i see two things. Blowout games because everyone is throwing up too many 3's and bad transition defense.

This can change, i cannot believe that the Celtics kept chucking 3's in game 7, they were scoring at will inside 10 feet. Some coach with the right team will bring back inside play.

Davis is one of three MVP candidates this year lol. He's been an all star 5 of his 6 career years. He's made an all NBA team 3 times and all defensive team e times and is probably going to be DPOY. What are you talking about?

7 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Would you be upset if we reached for him?

I wouldn't be upset if we reached for anyone that fits our overall team philosophy. Who the ***** am I? If we picked Donovan Mitchell last year I along with most magic fans would have been furious and incredibly wrong. 

It's fun to study and talk about these guys because it brings enjoyment to watching them later on. But I think we put too much emotion sometimes behind stuff that doesn't work by a set list of rules. 

I don't like him at 6 over some other guys but he's a great fit. He's super young and he had an incredible rate of improvement over the past season. If he's still improving at that rate he could be a top 5 player in this draft. If he peaked he'd really be a bad pick. 

10 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

This thread is getting weird.  We need the draft to be done and over with.  

Yea the obsession with young is weird. I don’t remember anything like it before. It’s odd. 

1 hour ago, Murphy13 said:

If we really like Trae we should make a trade with NY or Philly for their pick.  There is no reason to waste #6 on him.  #6 should get us the best post player available.  

Yea because post play is the NEW NBA. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha !! Oops just had coffee come up my nose. Excuse me. 

Yea the obsession with young is weird. I don’t remember anything like it before. It’s odd. 

it's because it's not often you have a chance to draft a potential superstar in the middle of the lottery and if we don't find an offensive initiator with upside soon well either 1) end up overpaying for a decent one or 2) never really get one.

this team has no engine yet everyone acts like that's cool. I don't understand it.

Ehh, the board gets obsessed with a few prospects basically every year. You'd think we would learn that our collective opinion is crap. (But of course, I don't have any of those faults.)

Just now, Magicfan1987 said:

it's because it's not often you have a chance to draft a potential superstar in the middle of the lottery and if we don't find an offensive initiator with upside soon well either 1) end up overpaying for a decent one or 2) never really get one.

this team has no engine yet everyone acts like that's cool. I don't understand it.

The way a lot of you talk about it, he is almost guaranteed to become a star. If he was that likely to become a superstar, he wouldn't be available in the middle of the lottery.

• Upvote 1