Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah if he sucks I'll do plenty of gloating. 

If he's good I'll take my medicine periodically over the next 10 years. 

See the thing is most the Young lovers on here expect him to be so good that I feel like they’re setting themselves up to be wrong. It’s not just Young has to be good, it’s he has to be an all star. 

There are multiple people on here that have Young in their top 3 and even top 2. 

Like most I would love to get either Doncic or Bamba (maybe both - I can dream). Kinda Have a feeling we’ll get Carter (safe but nothing to be excited about) or Bagley (I’d be gutted)

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

See the thing is most the Young lovers on here expect him to be so good that I feel like they’re setting themselves up to be wrong. It’s not just Young has to be good, it’s he has to be an all star. 

There are multiple people on here that have Young in their top 3 and even top 2. 

There are also highly intelligent writers out there who value archtypes and are great at evaluating value for what a player brings to a team and those writers typically have Young right behind Doncic.

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

When I saw him put up 14 points in less than 2 minutes I thought we HAD to have him because we need scoring so bad. As time has gone on with us having the possibility of grabbing JJJ or Bamba and having so many good PGs available in the 2nd round I've moved him down a bit. I guess we have to trust management to do the right thing!

4 minutes ago, MagicMoses said:

Like most I would love to get either Doncic or Bamba (maybe both - I can dream). Kinda Have a feeling we’ll get Carter (safe but nothing to be excited about) or Bagley (I’d be gutted)

People are way to down on Bagley. He’s gonna be an elite scorer. If we could get him at 6 that would be a steal. 

• Upvote 2

Today could be the last day that I am a huge Trae Young fan. I believe having Terrance Ross, Jonathan Isaac, Arron Gordon, and J Simmons off the bench that we'll have enough length, versatility, athleticism, and defense to be able to help protect Young. 

Here's the thing with Young, his passing shooting and ability to stretch the floor is very rare. I really think he'd make everyone on the team better and that even includes Evan and Vuc. I'd be okay having another year with both of those guys just to see how they play with Young and see if he can't raise their value a bit. 

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

When I saw him put up 14 points in less than 2 minutes I thought we HAD to have him because we need scoring so bad. As time has gone on with us having the possibility of grabbing JJJ or Bamba and having so many good PGs available in the 2nd round I've moved him down a bit. I guess we have to trust management to do the right thing!

After the stupidity of last year’s draft let’s hope they learned their lesson and are they’re more aggressive 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

People are way to down on Bagley. He’s gonna be an elite scorer. If we could get him at 6 that would be a steal. 

Bagley is a true freak of nature and I'm sure his defense will come around with the right coaching. His Dad coached him for years in AAU before he got his one year with Coach K and it's apparent he was coached well to score and get rebounds which isn't always conducive to playing hard on defense. 

Ok my top 3 picks I hope we get are;

1. Doncic

2. JJJ

3. Bamba

If we somehow ended up getting SGA alongside one of those 3 at six that would be the dream. Won't happen ofc but absolute dream scenario for me if it did.

1 minute ago, crisby pancakes said:

Ok my top 3 picks I hope we get are;

1. Doncic

2. JJJ

3. Bamba

If we somehow ended up getting SGA alongside one of those 3 at six that would be the dream. Won't happen ofc but absolute dream scenario for me if it did.

are you worried about Shai's foot speed? specifically north to south?

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

It’s not that I think he’s a terrible prospect but he is either a PF (We already have Gordon) or a C (Not projected to be a good enough defender and it annoys me we already have C who doesn’t defend well enough) and I would like to draft someone who will be a starter for us

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MagicMoses said:

It’s not that I think he’s a terrible prospect but he is either a PF (We already have Gordon) or a C (Not projected to be a good enough defender and it annoys me we already have C who doesn’t defend well enough) and I would like to draft someone who will be a starter for us

He would start for us. 

If you don’t want a C that can’t defend well that’s fair enough. I just think people aren’t giving him enough credit for what he can do on offense for his size.