Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

7 hours ago, The Boss said:

I don't think there is any world where Young gets picked before Jackson. I get why people like the idea of Young but it sounds like some people would take him at 1 if we had that pick, crazy. 

This 

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

Seth Curry was a playmaker too. 

The minutes will be fine. Biz will sit on the bench like he did last year and Vuch won’t be on the team past this year. 

Also, having Young ahead of Ayton is comical. 

That is when you trade back like Boston last year. There are different ways to get your target player with out reaching. Young at 6th is not a reach. 

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

Seth Curry was a playmaker too. 

The minutes will be fine. Biz will sit on the bench like he did last year and Vuch won’t be on the team past this year

Also, having Young ahead of Ayton is comical. 

Does he have to be on this team this year?

When you think of all the young players that we have run through in this rebuild, to have only Gordon to show for it is really frustrating.

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Does he have to be on this team this year?

When you think of all the young players that we have run through in this rebuild, to have only Gordon to show for it is really frustrating.

I hope he isn’t. 

Agree. But that’s why we can’t take shortcuts now. 

I don’t think we can downplay how important tomorrow night is for this franchise. If we nail this draft it changes the outlook of everything. I really want to come out with 2 starters. 

It's the day before the draft.

It's time for everyone to dig their heels into one prospect and struggle to do the simple things in life while the anxiety gets shoveled onto our fan hearts. 

Please, everyone, pick your ONE prospect you will do the highest flip for IF we draft. For me, that player is:

Trae Young. 

Please don't overthink this Magic, draft the guy, allow his game to open up everyone elses game, and draft a defensive center NEXT YEAR. 

1 hour ago, LaVar said:

That is when you trade back like Boston last year. There are different ways to get your target player with out reaching. Young at 6th is not a reach. 

Speaking of Boston this is their first round draft picks for next year  and should give the rest of the NBA great comfort...what a debacle!!!

Philadelphia 76ers’s top-1 protected pick or Sacramento Kings’ top-1 protected pick

Memphis Grizzlies (If pick falls outside top-8)

Los Angeles Clippers (If pick falls outside top-14)

Boston Celtics’ own pic

1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

NBADraft.net mock draft has Orlando taking Trae Young #6.

Yeah, but they also have us taking De'Anthony Melton #35 and Shake Milton #41. Does anyone really think we are going to take PG with all three picks?

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

It's the day before the draft.

It's time for everyone to dig their heels into one prospect and struggle to do the simple things in life while the anxiety gets shoveled onto our fan hearts. 

Please, everyone, pick your ONE prospect you will do the highest flip for IF we draft. For me, that player is:

Trae Young. 

Please don't overthink this Magic, draft the guy, allow his game to open up everyone elses game, and draft a defensive center NEXT YEAR. 

Unrealistic, but Doncic.

• Upvote 1