Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

It's just so boring. 

It's a positive move but boring. 

Positive profiles of him get to "sets really good screens" in like the second paragraph. He's like a more modernized Tony Battie.

He's the steamed broccoli of this draft. 

Ugh he's going to be such a positive player that's really good for our roster and the improvement of other guys but it's just so underwhelming. 

It's like you're 16 years old and your parents are supporting you with a new car and it's a used 5 year old Honda Civic and that's great and you know you should appreciate that because it's a lot better than you probably deserve but your friend just got a brand new base level camero so you can't help but feel a little disappointed. 

I get it. But boring can win. Theoretically Horford is boring. Gasol is boring. Myles Turner is boring. Shi** Tim Duncan was kind of boring. Carter could really help the unpolished guys like Issac and AG. He’s a player you can play next to those 2 and things will start to make sense. 

Plus people should be happy cause you’ll know Vuch is on the way out. 

If we can draft Carter (who I like more than most on here) I think the “boring” factor will be erased if we trade back into the first and can pair him with one of those 17-23 guys. 

57 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Jackson was number one on our board. 

I really like him and he is my 2nd right behind Doncic but when we won games at the end of the season I have been thinking we have no shot at him. I would be overjoyed if he fell to #6!

My latest:

Doncic, JJJ, Bamba, Young, Carter or trade back for #12 & #13 Sexton/SGA and either Williams or Robinson in the 1st and 2 of Melton, Brunson, Carter, or Bonga in the 2nd. Maybe trade #41 back in the 2nd and take a shot at Brandon McCoy and another asset. I would be OK with taking Young as long as we take either Brunson or Carter as backup in case he's a bust. Either way we need a PG and a center. http://www.tankathon.com/players/brandon-mccoy

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah probably. But they guessed right last year

last year was easier to predict with all the teams' holes at PG and available talent. 

if Luka is 4th, man, i pray we can trade up to get him.

Just now, HeHateMe said:

I get it. But boring can win. Theoretically Horford is boring. Gasol is boring. Myles Turner is boring. Shi** Tim Duncan was kind of boring. Carter could really help the unpolished guys like Issac and AG. He’s a player you can play next to those 2 and things will start to make sense. 

Plus people should be happy cause you’ll know Vuch is on the way out. 

If we can draft Carter (who I like more than most on here) I think the “boring” factor will be erased if we trade back into the first and can pair him with one of those 17-23 guys. 

eh Myles Turner is probably a fair comp.

I was thinking he's like modern Robin Lopez where he won't really put up numbers but you'll go "interesting, the magic go from 18 to 9th in offense when Carter is in the game but he only averages 11 ppg. That's weird"

1 minute ago, Nyce_1 said:

would you guys equate Carter to similar role on the team as Noah had in Chicago? 

No. Noah was a dpoy. And was kind of crappy on offense. 

Carter is going to be like the 12th best big man in every single category you could possibly rate big men. Across the board. No real big weaknesses. Really smart. Good instincts. 

He's going to be like Marc Gasol if he was just slightly worse. Just enough so he's a really good defender instead of a really really good defender. 

if we go big with 6, we still need a starting PG. I'm excited to see how they address that. If draft, who? maybe free agency? 

what a time to be alive!

Yea Noah is a terrible comp for him. No disrespect to Noah but Carter is far more talented. Noah was almost all grit. I’ve been saying a hybrid version of Gasol and Turner with a sprinkle of Al Horford. A really good complete player that we are lacking. 

1 minute ago, Tank Vogel said:

Man going through this season to get Wendell Carter and Steve Clifford. 

Hopefully management will impress us. Maybe they could even get rid of Vuc and get us another halfway decent pick?

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Yea Noah is a terrible comp for him. No disrespect to Noah but Carter is far more talented. Noah was almost all grit. I’ve been saying a hybrid version of Gasol and Turner with a sprinkle of Al Horford. A really good complete player that we are lacking. 

Except not the perennial all Star that player would probably be. 

More like the same tier as Steven Adams 

Wendall Carter’s Per 40:

20.2 ppg 

13.5 rpg 

3.0 app 

3.1 bpg 

.41% from 3

.74% from foul line 

Boring isn’t always bad.