Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

I have this irrational confidence that someone in the top 5 is going to take Porter, and push one of JJJ/Bamba/Doncic to us (probably not Doncic).

47 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

They have literally the exact same skill set

Yep. Biggest difference is Porter is too agressive and Knox is too passive.

55 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I have this irrational confidence that someone in the top 5 is going to take Porter, and push one of JJJ/Bamba/Doncic to us (probably not Doncic).

It's not irrational.  If you like Jackson we are in a good spot.  Bamba is not going to be there.  Still think Dallas takes Porter unless Doncic falls to 5, which is unlikely.  

18 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

It's not irrational.  If you like Jackson we are in a good spot.  Bamba is not going to be there.  Still think Dallas takes Porter unless Doncic falls to 5, which is unlikely.  

You're right.  Irrational to me b/c I am anti-Porter but probably not irrational or far-fetched overall.  Someone might pull the trigger.

Semi-related: Just saw a quote attributed to Givony that Bamba has refused to work out for or share medical info with Memphis because he doesn't want to be there.  So if he doesn't go top 3 we only need to worry about Dallas, but they'd probably take him.

5 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I have a feeling JJJ is falling to us. Dallas takes porter.

I eat well.

I will pray to the basketball gods that you are right!

11 minutes ago, ML6 said:

You're right.  Irrational to me b/c I am anti-Porter but probably not irrational or far-fetched overall.  Someone might pull the trigger.

Semi-related: Just saw a quote attributed to Givony that Bamba has refused to work out for or share medical info with Memphis because he doesn't want to be there.  So if he doesn't go top 3 we only need to worry about Dallas, but they'd probably take him.

Maybe this means the mavs said they would draft him if available. The doncic thing could be a smokescreen from them. We could get really lucky and it ends up ayton, Bagley, young/JJJ, JJJ/Porter, bamba and we can get our boy doncic and his smokeshow mother lol

8 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I have a feeling JJJ is falling to us. Dallas takes porter.

I eat well.

I wouldn't be shocked if Jackson was number one on our board. 

WHO DO WE TAKE AT 6?

DONCIC - if he falls to us I am a bit concerned about his athleticism in the NBA, but he is the most well rounded. I’m a little concerned that his expressed desire is to get a lot of sports cars versus being the best he can be. Will the commitment be there to get his body right? We don’t have the best record with Europeans and very few ever make Super Star status. The NBA is a hard, fast, demanding  and physical league that makes many look pedestrian. 

PORTER - if his back checks out, he’s hard to pass up; also depends if someone throws crazy money at AG. 

BAMBA - this is a hard one to pass on; as they say; you can’t teach size or length. If he can hit the 3 at 35% and switch on D then this may be our man.

JJJ - perhaps the most well rounded big for modern nba.

YOUNG - I’ve been trying to talk myself into this, but the size and wingspan keeps me at bay. I just feel the superior athletes in the NBA will expose this.

SEXTON - same as above to a lessor degree, but has the killer instinct and defense that would propel him above Young in my ho; he did outplay Young in their head to head meeting. 

CARTER - safe conservative pick, but no frills.

WHO YOU GOT?

• Upvote 1