Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Nothing has changed for me, still believe the front office are hoping one of the bigs not named Porter drops to 6, after that it's a drop off and likely Carter, Young or maybe Sexton if they don't move the pick either way

29 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

If this article is correct and take Knox over young then I have lost all faith in this new management. 

This is confusing to me because you're a porter guy and Knox and Porter are basically the same player. 

leaking we want young or Sexton is Weltman way of saying to later lotto teams to "shut up and leave us alone" because as long as Bagley is picked into the top 5 were solid. even not we could do worse than bagley

5. DO THE REWARDS OUTWEIGH THE RISKS FOR TRAE YOUNG?

It depends on where you’re picking. I think picking him in the top 5, vs top 10, there’s a big difference...He had a really good year obviously, showed a lot of what he can do with his passing and scoring ability…the fact that he stayed in his hometown, I’m sure there was a lot surrounding that, I think he showed a lot of positive qualities…It’s easy to beat a kid up, it’s hard to predict with certainty, and the stuff he has against him, physicality, lack of a blinding first step, but I think there’s a significant reward…he’s so prolific in two areas, it’s hard to imagine one of the two isn’t going to translate…I think his offensive skill set is so advanced, he can shoot so he can play off the ball with bigger guards, and he’s got ridiculous vision..the defense thing, yeah it’s going to be a struggle, but at the end of the day there’s a lot of good offensive players in the league who don’t defend at a high level, and guys like James Harden and Damian Lillard who haven’t even tried. If he tries more than he did at Oklahoma I think he’s smart enough to be close enough to average, but he has the tools to be elite offensively…the only thing that worries me is his frame, because he’s going to take a pounding in the paint…guys that can dribble-pass-shoot, he’s probably the best in all three of those categories in the draft, and that’s the way the league is going.

To me he’s just got a very high ceiling, the Steph Curry comparison, but the floor where he’s attacked on defense, not quick enough to get his shots off, I still think he’ll be fine in the NBA, but if you’re taking him top seven you’re looking for more than someone where the comparison could end up being Seth Curry…I’m not a fan. To me he’s a wannabe Steph, and there’s only one Steph…He feels more like an Eddie House where he might have big games, but the turnovers, lack of size, lack of defense…he’s a lot more risky on any given night...He could be really damn good, but I could also see him being a backup point guard. I wouldn’t touch him. I’d be the GM where if he becomes a superstar, it’s OK [to pass]...You have to ask the legitimate question if he can play defensively in the playoffs...he’s currently the most-skilled player in this draft, but you have to seriously wonder if he can stay on the floor defensively in the postseason. He’s just so small...I think he’s very skilled but I think he’s the type of player that has to be in a perfect situation to excel. The right setting, right people around him and the right teammates. If they all line up, you’re gonna hit a home run, but your’e chances of that lining up are pretty slim.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/06/19/nba-draft-2018-anonymous-scouts-trae-young-luka-doncic-michael-porter

29 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This is confusing to me because you're a porter guy and Knox and Porter are basically the same player. 

I am also bigger on Porter than most on this site.  I would never call Knox and Porter basically the same player at this point.  Porter skillset on video's, pundit's evals, stats all exceed Knox's at this point.  To Knox's benefit=no injury.  I just do not think Knox is worth the #6 pick.  Porter, due to his injury, is a swing for the fences kind of pick that could be an all star or a bust.  Having said that I have always hoped for a big like JJJ or Bamba if we stay at 6 and the only way that happens is if Porter goes in the top 5.

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This is literally exactly how I feel

Me too. That article was like reading into my mind.  

ABTY

14 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I am also bigger on Porter than most on this site.  I would never call Knox and Porter basically the same player at this point.  Porter skillset on video's, pundit's evals, stats all exceed Knox's at this point.  To Knox's benefit=no injury.  I just do not think Knox is worth the #6 pick.  Porter, due to his injury, is a swing for the fences kind of pick that could be an all star or a bust.  Having said that I have always hoped for a big like JJJ or Bamba if we stay at 6 and the only way that happens is if Porter goes in the top 5.

They have literally the exact same skill set